35~🖤

I looked inside and all I found was a simple room with a double bed in the middle and small table beside. The room was clean and it was painted with light brown. "Turns out, we were just overthinking," Jeongin stated and entered the room. 

"Definitely, I think 8 people will fit in here," I put forward and looked around the simple room. "You think he has a wife?" Jeongin suddenly asked. "What?" I asked. "What's this double bed for?" He asked. "In the middle of an apocalypse, you are wondering about the love life of a person who tried to kill you a few hours ago," I reminded him. 

I sighed and went downstairs to call the others. "Come with me Jeongin, I don't want you to discover a dead body out of nowhere," I stated. "Don't worry, I won't do anything like that," He stated and sat on the bed. "Don't make me regret trusting you," I said. He showed me a thumbs up and I stormed downstairs to inform the others. 

"Guys, we can sleep, there is a room," I stated as I came downstairs and met the others. They all looked at me. "Minho, we need to talk," Chan called me out. I glanced at him confused. 

"Yes?" I asked and went towards him. The others were looking really serious. "What happened guys?" I appealed. "About Jeongin," Changbin stated. "Yeah what about him?" I questioned. "Do you think we are safe around him?" He asked. I couldn't say yes because I doubted that too. 

"He was bitten in front of our eyes and we also saw him killing this scientist," Chan put forward. "But Chan, the scientist was at fault," Jisung argued. "But did you see Jeongin's state when we entered this room to save him? He looked no less than a zombie," Changbin argued back. 

"I really can't trust Jeongin, what if he kills us in our sleep?" Hyunjin stated. I looked at him, surprised. "He saved us Hyunjin!! You are opposing him now??" I asked. "That doesn't change the fact that he is a zombie now," he stated. 

"What do you guys think we should do now?" I finally questioned. They all glanced at each other. I had a very bad feeling about the answer. "Please don't tell me we're gonna kill him," I stated and backed off. 

"We didn't decide anything since Jisung, Felix and Seungmin are against our statement," Hyunjin put forward. "So now, Minho, your decision is what matters the most," Chan said and tapped my shoulder. 

I was left confused. What should I do now? I owe Jeongin since he saved us many times but at the same time, I fear him too, we really don't know what he can do to us now. "I don't know, I'll stay neutral," I stated. "I can understand your situation Minho but I'm afraid that it's not in the options. It's a 'yes or no' question," Hyunjin stated.

"Don't pressurize him," a voice, I afraid I knew very well, said behind my back. The others looked behind me and gulped. I was afraid to face the situation and also the consequence but running away was never an option. 

[Jeongin's POV]

The others were taking too much time to come. I grew worried and decided to go downstairs. As I reached half the stairs, I heard them discussing about something, more like about someone. 

Yes, I heard every word of the argument that was going on. Perhaps, I was wrong, people just know how to comfort, not to stay by your side. As they stated each point against my survival, my chest started aching. I could feel my heart being lonely again. My lower eyelids filled with tears, I blinked, allowing them to flow down my cheeks.

I let out a hitched breath and held my hand in front of my mouth, shut my eyes and started sobbing quietly and kneeled down and sat on the floor. "What if he kills us in our sleep?" That statement striked my ears. I trusted them as my friends. I believed that they care about my existence and value my presence. 

But no, I again was extricated because I was different. Even if I'm in the same situation as them, I'm still an alien. All I ever wanted was someone to reach out for me. Nobody did. Instead, I was pushed back into the darkness. 

But this time, I won't collapse. I will face them and let them know I heard everything. Instead of crying under the blanket, I will face them and make sure they know their mistake this time. For how long shall I suffer from the words people throw at me. Tonight, I will make sure to throw them back to them with the same amount of poison. 

I rubbed off my own tears as I always did and will continue to do. I got up on my own. 

I walked downstairs and said, "Don't pressurize him." They all looked at me with fear written on their faces but it was too late for them to express that. Sometimes, people need to taste their own poison.

---------------------------------