Prologue-My Mother's Looking Glass

Moving in with my stepmother and stepbrothers wasn't easy. There were no more rooms and I hid everything I had in the closet where Lucille, my stepmother, had put a new mattress on the floor for me to sleep on. My clothes were above me and my things were stuffed on a shelf at the top of my mattress. My backpack was pretty handy in this 'room'. One day, my dad visited my little alcove of the room to hand me a silver mirror, or what my mom would refer to as a looking glass. She said it was because you could see something that you can't without it, or something like that. I noticed an M embellished on the back. M for Melody, and M for Mom.

One day, I shut the closet door after a fight with my stepmother and turned on the light, looking at the looking glass. Suddenly, it went from my face and the four walls around me to something different. There were questions.

1-ARE YOU MELODY?
"Yes." I answered shakily.

2-WHAT DRESS IS YOUR FAVORITE?
I stared at the mirror in confusion when a dress appeared in the mirror.

I gasped at the dress when I saw it

I gasped at the dress when I saw it. The mirror seemed to take that as a yes.

3-WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAIRYTALE?
I suppressed a chuckle at this before saying, "Beauty and the Beast, And the Little Mermaid."

4-ARE THESE GOOD TRAINER CLOTHES?
I looked at the options there and realized these were Pokémon clothes. I chuckled since I loved that show when I was younger. (A/N: I'm trying to figure out how to put some pictures of the outfits on here, if I never do, I'm sorry, but this will be deleted if I actually do.)

5-DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?
I'm talking to a mirror! Of course I do!

6-DO YOU WANT TO GROW UP?
I want to grow backwards in time.

I had no idea that any of these answers would lead to a series of adventures that I would never forget.