Die For Him

Sapnap's POV

I eagerly waited, expecting myself to turn into a half-animal. I had always wanted to be a half-animal ever since I saw my older cousins reach their 20th birthday and turn into something amazing. My cousin Mia had turned into an octopus and now had four hands to do her daily chores. She now did them twice as fast.

I stood there for a solid 3 seconds. Nothing happened.

It's gonna happen soon, I consoled myself.

Nothing happened again. Karl hesitantly spoke. 

"S-Sap? I don't think anything's gonna happen. I think your chip is still intact."

"No!" I snapped. I collected myself and spoke again, calmly this time, though in my chest was a little ball of panic whizzing around my heart, too fast to let go. "There has to be something that changed. I couldn't be a human for the rest of my life when I wanted to be a half-animal."

Tubbo spoke this time. "Sapnap, we've waited over 20 seconds and noughing's happened." Tubbo told me later he had panicked while talking and accidentally lisped, a habit he broke years ago before he started streaming.

I shook my head. "I know I'm a half-animal. I can't be wrong-" Wilbur interrupted gently. "Nick, you aren't a half-animal. I know you want to be one, but... your chip is preventing you from doing so." He shook his head, the antlers on top of his head bobbing along on his fluffy brown hair. Wilbur walked to my side and put a hand on my shoulder. I stared at his fingers. His nails were black as charcoal to represent deer hooves, and always would be that colour. 

I wanted nails like that. I wanted something that made me feel special, one in a million, original. But I couldn't. How was it fair someone in the world out there hated being a half-animal and I, who longed to be one, couldn't?

I swatted Wilbur's hand away roughly. The ball of panic in my chest let go and ran wild. "STOP!" I yelled. "YOU AREN'T MAKING IT BETTER!" Wilbur backed away, a hurt look on his face. I was pretty sure that his deer ears on the sides of his head drooped down by an inch. Now Tubbo ran forward and clasped my hands imploringly.

"Please, Nick, calm down," he whispered. "Calhm thown." Tubbo had lisped again. I jerked my hand out of Tubbo's and smacked it away in a temper.

Tommy had had enough, as he told me later. He stalked up to me and slapped me on the face. "SAPNAP! STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH TO WIL AND TUBS! WHAT DID THEY DO? TELL ME!"

My hand slowly crept up to caress my stinging cheek.

Tommy had slapped me.

I stomped up the stairs to my room and slammed the door shut.

Karl's POV

I watched as Sapnap went up the stairs to his room and banged the door. The silence was thick in the room. Tubbo was standing close to where Sapnap had stood, his face in his hands, quietly shedding a few tears. Tommy was comforting him; he ran his fingers through Tubbo's hair and whispered words of comfort in his ear.

Wilbur stood on the spot, stunned. His hands limply lay to his sides and I could see his tail droop down.

I watched as Dream slowly stood up from the couch and Quackity step forward and guided a shocked Wilbur to the couch. Wilbur was actually trembling; his hands shook violently and his tail quivered.

George quickly moved to Tommy and Tubbo. "Tommy, could you calm Tubbo down while I get something for him to drink?" Tommy nodded and directed Tubbo to an armchair.