“Much better…” She answered consolingly. If she wasn’t feeling better, she wouldn’t have woken up so quickly and coincidentally hear the conversation between him and Ye Li.

“When I said I wanted to send you to Official Liu’s residence, why didn’t utter a complaint?” Ye Mu glanced at him, puzzled.

He poured her a glass of water, basking the room in silence and let her wash away the taste of bitterness from the medicine in her mouth.

“Why should I?” His eyes were still, his raised phoenix eyes calm. “I know you won’t harm me, that’s already enough.”

With this offhanded reply, Ye Mu’s expression became difficult, “I won’t be able to do much about this. The Ye residence is heavily guarded, although easy to enter, it’s hard to leave it—let alone for a powerless person like me. Even the main wife who governs the harem can’t easily step foot outside.” She paused and exhaled, “That’s why, I wanted to use this opportunity to let you escape. Leave the Yue country and return to your own country!”

Mo Linyuan was beyond stunned. The smile on his face was completely wiped away, and his voice trembled slightly. “Why do you want me to leave?”

Ye Mu laid on her stomach as she spoke in a vexed tone.

“What…there’s no definite reason why…I only feel that it’s too dangerous for you, as the crown prince of another country, to stay in this treacherous residence. Especially that I’m not able to protect you—I’m only still young! So, when you familiarize all of the Supreme Heart Sutras to mind, you must leave immediately.”

She looked at him and firmly said, “Don’t worry! I’ll come find you in the future!”

This was an era where one’s power was the ultimate deciding factor and one’s life was only inferior to grass. If she were to be left alone, the Yue country would very quickly become a very dangerous place, and the imminent future of the Ye Family facing downfall in the future made things grimmer for her.

It would be better for Mo Linyuan to return to the country of Mo to prevent himself from falling into danger with her, but she would not be able to protect him on this quest.

Most importantly, according to the plot, when Mo Linyuan reached ten years old, he had faked his death to leave the Ye residence and return to his homeland, just in time to avoid the chaos in the Yue country.

He would soon be ten years old, so it was high time for him to go back.

Hearing that Ye Mu said that she would go find him in the future, Mo Linyuan’s cold Qi slightly dissipated…

“What about you? Why won’t you come with me?”

Ye Mu shook her head, “I know so many secrets of Ye Li. If I were to go as well, he would chase after me even until the ends of the earth. You’re different, he thinks you’re disabled and an illiterate. Even if you run away, there won’t be much danger of him chasing you down. And although driven to rage, he won’t punish me because of you…”

Hearing her reasons for refusing to leave, Mo Linyuan only shook his head stubbornly. “Then I’m not leaving either.”

“Why?” Ye Mu raised her head to get a clear look at his face.