Chapter 5: Part 3: The Stormy Night

Start from the beginning

He studies her... and all he gathers from her soft look was pity or disappointment... he doesn't know what was worse?

He lets his eyes roll back lazily- his head filled with a hurricane of words and thoughts, swishing around and causing him a frenzied headache- his mind was chaotic-

"Shut up- shut up." he moans, the words muddled and slurred, and his eyes becoming glossy. He'd avert his gaze away from her, trying to drown down all the sounds and noises happening all at once in his head.

He continues wandering toward the cabin, the movement of the yacht- along with all the alcohol in his system- making it harder for him to keep himself up right. He stumbles past her, and doesn't look at her...

Ki's brows pull together and she gulps- desperately trying to find her words but her voice seems to tight in her throat.

As he drops down onto the bench- he'd formly made his bed- his area to sleep- she clears her throat- pressing for her voice to come back.

"Rafe..." she clears her throat again, already feeling like talking to him would be difficult "...the weather is getting pretty bad... should, ahhh... should I do something about the sails- maybe bring them down or something? I don't know- is that something I do?" Ki questions, turning toward him- eyes gently flitting over to his direction, keeping her tone low and soft with him. He'd been pulling his blanket toward him when he stops...

He froze- because it wasn't something he'd want to do- bring down the sail, he was too tired for that- but knew he'd no choice... all he wanted was to sleep- let his head mellow... his gaze floats about, drifting in thoughts, drumming his fingers along the side of his leg.

He gives himself a moment to think, before his lips twist into a strained smile... he eventually bobs his head up, rubbing the back of his head- frustrated- and gets to his feet.

"Y-yeah- nah- hell- I'll go- do that." he replies with a nod, turning himself around and back toward the door pacing hesitantly. "I-It's my yacht- by the way... so d-don't cha go touching anything- ok? Unless I say you can, ya- got that?." his words muddled but he states to her firmly- then paces away, sliding his trembling hands into his pocket trying to hide how drunk he'd been. He stops when he senses her follow him.

"Stay the fuck here, ok?" he snaps, turning to her, his face morphed angrily toward her.

"Don't need to snap at me-" she cries. "I'm trying to help-"

"No." he says firmly, turns his back and begins to wander away again.

"You're drunk-"

"And you-pissin' me off-"

"Why are you so angry with me- what did I do--" she utters. Her fists begin to clench beside her when it appears he doesn't want to listen or answer- "Rafe-" her mouth closes when he turns sharply- finds him striding toward her at a fast pace, his gaze hooded and darkened- he moves fast- almost like he hadn't been drunk at all- and she moves backward as he moves toward her- until her back hits the wall. His hand comes down next to her face- against the wall- closing her in, giving little space between them.

"Ki!" he growls. "Just want you to get one thing straight- you got that- listen to me, ok?!- ok?!" he yells. "Y-you gotta listen to me!" he yells louder. "Never piss me off.. understood?! You think what you want- but you don't know the shit I'm capable of... who the fuck you think I am- who the fuck you may think I'm not- it doesn't fucking matter... you think I'm nothing like my dad- right?" he scoffs, but breathes heavily, his chest heaving in and out.. the smell of alcohol puffing against her face... he wants to lash out more words, he felt like he was breathing in fire, his lungs expanding- igniting- fueling it with anger and hurt- all the anger was spewing and coursing through his veins- it was making it harder and harder for him to breathe or think..