Chapter 6

Edd was washing his body as his mind wondered to that hug. The hug. Kevins hug. His heart fluttered up to his throat as he felt like vomiting rainbows. He took a deep breath and sighed.

He was so shocked yet happy when Kevin hugged him. So tightly. So nicely.

Edd remembered his cologne, it was a nice cinnamon scent with a faint flowery scent. Edd shook just thinking about it.

"Why do I feel this way?" He asked himself, "This feeling feels familiar. Oh, but I can't put my finger on it." He thought long and hard, trying to figure out this confusing feeling.

As he did, a drop of water from the shower entered his eye. Edd blinked, making the water feel like a tear. Suddenly, his mind raced.

He remembered when him and Kevin were about 9. It was before he met Ed and Eddy, before he moves to the Cul-de-Sac, before everything.

Except Kevin.

Kevin had moved to the Cul-de-Sac when Edd was 7. But they still kept in touch.

That day, it had been raining. Kevin and Edd were on Kevins bike, strolling around the Cul-de-Sac. But suddenly, Kevin hit a pothole. Kevin fell into the handles but Edd had been thrown off the bike. Kevin looked up and rushed to his friend.

"Edd! You okay?"

Edd opened his mouth as to say yes, but instead began crying. Kevin sat there, getting soaked in the rain with his friend. Not moving.

Kevin finally reached over and started gently scratching cirlces onto Edds back. "It's okay bud." He cooed, Edds sobs quieting.

The stinging pain of his scraps and embarrasment melted away, as a warm feeling seeped into his heart.

Suddenly, a rain drop fell into Edds eyes. He blinked it away, and as he opened his eyes, his heart melted.

He saw everything. How Kevin looked so handsome as rain dripped off his hat and onto his face, how his green eyes matched his red hair and faint freckles perfectly, how his body fit perfectly in his clothes.

Edd saw everything. But since he was so young he didn't understand. But now he did.

Edd stepped back and fell backwards in the tub. He hit the edge of it, falling down on his butt. He looked up and gasped for air.

"Kevin!" He screamed, pretending Kevin was listening, "I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS HAVE!! Oh lord!" He began crying, "Oh lord, oh lord, oh lord..."