9: Vision

Dedicated to Kathleen :) as promised, sorry late siya. Sending my love to the other side ♥

Thump! The back of my head got it real bad, as my feeble body dropped out of nowhere. That transport was quite different from the usual. It was as if all my body's composition twisted.

I don't even know where I am right now, I just feel tired. I felt the 'ride', I don't even have the energy to open my eyes, get up and search for my damned clothes.

Until I heard a painful grunt, and within a few seconds, I am already sitting up with my head still throbbing. The grunts and groans don't stop and I had to force my eyes to open.

"Lou!" I took some time to take in my surroundings, yet nothing rings a bell. The sky is close to dusk, and it does not help any of the situation since I am in a gloomy forest. There are trees, but no leaves, there are beings but all dead.

"Lou!" I call out once again, screaming desperately in fear. "Eleanor!" His voice, echoes through this horrific forest.

I sprinted to the source, grasping on the trees for dear life. Rather walk this world half naked than to die here, "Where are you?"

His grunts increase in volume,
"-Right, I'm right here." When I looked at the bottom, he was there, lying all bloody and helpless. Without thinking, I just ran, nearly tripping on an outgrown root, with ripped clothes and all.

God, El shut up this man is dying.

"You're not gonna die." The words quickly leave my mouth. I knelt down to check where his wound is.
"Where is it hurting?"

"J-just call Calix." He crouches and I know I have no idea, nor experience to save this man's life but no, "I can't just you leave you bloody out here!"

"Find him." He insists.

"Are you out of your mind, what if we come back and your breath is already taken away, they need a l-"

"I said find, him! I don't trust you."

That's right, he doesn't trust you. Well, neither do I. I breathe in a huge amount of air before searching for that lost prick.

"Louis!" Before I could even start, he's already here. Thanks, a lot. You helped me prove my worth in these desperate moments.

I don't understand, both of us look unharmed. He knelt next to me, with no bruises and wounds.

"Is it serious?" He asks him calmly, he is bleeding for crying out loud.

"Nothing serious." Calix was about to lift Louis' shirt, but he screamed no continuously.
"The other side." He squirmed on the ground, Calix did as he said and I had to screw my eyes shut from watching the pain.

"It's a pixel shard." I opened my eyes, his affected area being covered. Thank God.

What Calix held was a long shard, and the blood dripped down his fingers. "You." He walked towards me and I back up quickly, "This is your fault, had you not messed with my xilac we wouldn't be here." Furious, definitely.

"Where even are we?" I spat back.

"That, is not the point. If you would've just tame your bloody female priorities we would've thought of the plan. Because you're obviously dressed well." Once he finished the sentence, he stares me down.

"Oh, wow." His ironic statements made me roll my eyes "You wouldn't be comfortable being half naked now, would you? It's a biological need, not just a female prio-"

"Will you shut your holes!" The leader spoke up, "Cal, get me an elixir."

The xilac floats in the air and transforms itself into a flask. He gives me one last deadly glare before kneeling back down and pouring it on Louis' shirt.

I bit my lip, silently hoping he will make it through. Even if he doesn't trust me, I still feel for him. And after a few seconds his breaths are finally calmed, so are ours.

"Let's take a little bit of time to rest, before we carry on." The angry blonde man threw his pixelating device over his back.

"No we cannot, I'm alright Cal." Obviously, not.

"Stay down, we're gonna leave by dawn." Louis finally agreed, giving him a nod and laid still on the dark grass.

With that, I begin to search for my missing clothes. In front of us is a lake, reflecting another sight of land across this one. The same, gloomy atmosphere surrounds us. It's got to be out here somewhere, the possibilities are endless.

I walked back up the slope I've descended, I am sort of conquering a few of my fears, right? I'm going to wander in the wilderness, alone. That has got to be an achievement. Still, no bag appeared, even when I circled the forest and repeatedly went up and down.

The lake, or maybe somewhere in that forest, it must have fell in there. I won't survive, and I would probably end up shivering if I give up now.

With the remaining amount of energy in my system, I stood at the brink and carefully pulled a branch, sat next to Louis, who has now fallen into slumber. I see the water is shallow, and it'll be easy for me to go across it.

My instincts told me to do so, if I cannot find it then I won't go any further. Simple. I dip a foot down the lake, and it sent shivers all around my body. It nearly made me slip for crying out loud! Okay, screw it, I'm going across this lake.

I push myself through one foot then the other, and the branch deceives me as the lake gets deeper and deeper with each step. "Things are going to be alright, you'll find it." With every step, it's almost like my bones were going to give in.

"Are you mad? Get back here!" Calix yelled at me yet again, and I hear Louis giving me a 'what's she up to now' I made no efforts of turning my body back. I had it with his annoying attitude, not to mention his leader! My boots seem to have found a round, peculiar object on the surface. I stepped a little more to know if it was just an ordinary stone in the lake. But it began to give a bright light, an unusual mixture of white and blue.

It was blinding my sight, as its intensity grew and grew stronger.

'Til all I could see is pitch black.

"I need it now." A stern voice said. Blue dust swiftly formed itself into a man, someone who looked like the familiar scientist when I was young. I barely remember his name, but the voice couldn't have belonged to him.

Without even giving me a second to ponder, the image shifts, as the scientist moves around. "It's too dangerous." I was right.

The blue dust came out in front of me, an arm reaching out to the scientist's collar. "I said I need it now." I could hear the jagged breathing, "eleven-"

"Get the damn xilac!" A voice pulled me back to reality, and he, Louis had pulled me to his chest. My consciousness has returned, and surprisingly, I didn't feel any body aching.

His muscles tense up and I was just left to stare at his face. Even in a panicked state, he affords to look effortlessly beautiful. Cut it out.

As Calix entered the scene, I successfully got it out of my thoughts. "Here, it's our last. What crap did you get yourself into anyway?" He looks to me.

"I don't know. Didn't you see the bright streak of light?" Or was I just going insane?

"You had a seizure." He says rather calmly, something about it gave me a new, alien feeling. "Whatever that light emitting device was, it sent abnormal electrical discharges to your brain." And gave me visions, one too hard for me to decipher.

(Keep reading, there are still a lot to discover. And I suggest you read Behind the Scenes by Kayanocchii :) ;) and Playboy's Nerd by __BluePrincess__ you won't regret it. If you see that tiny little star down there, it actually does magic! Try it for yourself hahahah, and if you have any violent reactions about how crappy this is, there's a little speech bubble when you highlight the text. Amazing. I'm such a sluggish updater, but I shall force myelf to update. All the love -Audirectioner1Dxx)