8: Touch

Alight. "I don't understand, there were no terakts in the plane, her bag or anywhere close her." My eyes painfully open itself due to the sun, and a demented leader pacing back and forth a small space. Are we still in the Inbetween?

I rubbed my eyes a few times,desperately trying to alert myself. "Oh my gosh!" I jumped back when my vision became clear.

"We're in the ocean!" The volume being even louder than the first. Yet the barrier doesn't ripple.

"You don't say." He stops in his auto-reversed tracks and tugs at his hair in frustration, I assume.

Being stuck in that bloody building in what seems like a lifetime, I have never, ever tried going to these areas. They were either polluted or Low Classes occupied the shores. And it developed a minor fear over me, right now, it has definitely awaken. Especially when you see three sharks circling around you.

Both of them whisper amongst themselves and I'm left hyperventilating in the opposite corner.

"Will you stop that." Calix glares at me, I can't help it. No. I won't cry.

"Who did you have contact recently?"

Oh I don't know. You dumbasses who tried to kidnap me? "Before us." He answers my thoughts.

Paige.

"My maid. She hugged me, I guess it's her."

"The Xilac." He brings out his oh so special weapon and it pixelated into a flask.

"Will you atleast allow us to pour this in your skin? This will remove all the tracking device they might've placed on you."

I nod and Louis gestures me turn my back. "This'll hurt a little." He says in a gentle voice. I've never heard of that the whole time- ahhh. Even when it's poured out in my clothes, it tries to scratch it's way inside me.

"There should be..." Calix who stands beside me mutters.

"There should be what?"

"Tiny metallic-looking balls that'll roll out your back any second now." His scowl stays unmovable.

Nothing. Nothing is rolling out. "Anybody else before your maid?" Louis blue eyes met mine, and I was caught off guard.

Levi.

"The guy who followed us into the pub." I spoke with brows furrowed, he stopped me from talking to my friend. I should be screaming at him right now.

"He held you where." The words gave me goosebumps as I remembered the way he held my hands and bravely kissed me.

"Both my hands." I squeaked. My palms were ready for the annoying flowing substance, and he poured it slowly on both hands.

It's like they're digging deeper and deeper on my skin yet it looks unaffected. My back leaned in the cubed barrier and I yelped in pain. This was far worse than the first. I can't even stifle my shouts and it caused the barrier to move a little.

Calix speaks again "Sound travels slower in the ocean." With all the pain that I'm currently suffering. I still want to slap him and say 'I'm not stupid. I know that'

As I look down on my hands, gray fluid is flowing out in my pores. Hitting the supposed ground inside the cube, the tiny drops then merge into small balls.

The pain subsided a little bit.

The objects rolled down the bottom and the cube appeared to be leaning, as if the object brought a gravitational pull.