"Shit, i'm so sorry. I would've been more sensitive if I knew the situation." I explain but she shakes her head.

"Did I mess anything up between you two?"

"I think he will never change, that's just the truth. If it comes to his family he will do anything and that's it." I shrug, accepting it.

"I know, we all know. I just thought because he had you and the baby he'd be a little more different." She says.

"Me too."

AMIR

I dug the bat into his face one last time, it was unrecognisable now. Darrel pulls my arm signalling it's enough and I push the bat in his arms.

Nothing happened in Sugarhill without Darrel knowing and everybody involved with anything street related, Darrel knew.

It wasn't hard to find Jason, Darrel knew niggas who knew where he lived and people in this neighbourhood would give up anybody for a good amount of money.

We found him in less than a hour and we got to work. I knocked on the door before running into the car and driving off.

We left his body in front of his house for whoever to find him. I couldn't care less.

I knew shit with Kehlani would be fucked up but i'd rather deal with everything now than deal with everything later with a child.

I wasn't taking any risks.

"Next time let me handle that shit, you know Niyah is my family too." Darrel says and I furrow my brows.

"What are you trying to say?"

"You got a good fucking life and if we could trade spots, I wouldn't think twice. Why you fucking it up for some dumbass kids?" He asks and I stay silent.

He wasn't wrong but I wish everybody could see it in my point of view. It's more complex than that.

"My girl could've got hurt, my child. He's hurt Niyah God knows how many times." I reply.

"You were known for being smart and tactical, staying calm in situations like this. Where the fuck is that mindset at?"

"It's sugarhill, nobody cares about another dead black kid." I reply.

"Yeah but that dead black kid has friends that love him to death and would kill and die for him, has family that feel the same and when they get a gun and shoot some nigga for retaliation the same thing happens, it's a cycle." He says like I don't know this shit.

But I think I needed the conversation.

"You saying I shouldn't have done that?" I ask him.

"You were acting out of emotion, not logic is what i'm saying. That's the same shit Rico did and that's the same shit that got him killed." Darrel replies.

"Why do I always have to fuck shit up?"

"If you need a couch to sleep on, I got you." Darrel jokes and we both laugh. I needed that shit.

"You think me and her will be okay?"

"Honestly, I don't know. You put her through a lot all for you to pick street shit over her again."

"I love her man, a lot." I say and it's as if memories of her flick through my mind. As if i'm going to lose her.

I pray that I don't.

The kitchen light is on and there's music coming from there. She was probably cooking.

I take the opportunity to take a shower and once i'm out she's in our bed. She's avoiding eye contact with me.

I don't think she's angry, she's just upset. I would be too.

"You want to talk today or tomorrow?" I ask her, breaking the silence. One thing about our relationship was that we didn't do the air time shit.

I hated it because I knew I couldn't handle it so I always spoke up. It was childish and she used it to piss me off.

"Tomorrow." She mumbles before throwing a pillow at my chest. "On the couch you go." She says and I only chuckle, licking my lips.

I swear she's crazy.

We had five other rooms in the house but there wasn't shit in there besides from the nursery half set up.

Times like this, I wish we set the guest room up already but we've only been in this house for 3 months anyway.

WRITERS NOTE: I wanna change Amir's face claim so bad but I have no ideas. Please help guys