Chapter 7: Dandelion? My masks

- "Welcome to my secret hideaway, the Red Room." - Kaitou Genius said, looking at me.

- "Oh, pardon the intrusion." - I smiled, lowering my head.

- "I'd like to have a little chat with you." 

- "Why?" - I sat down on the first step of the stairs, not facing him.

- "Why not?"

- "I'm not a prodigy... Neither am I look like a princess." - I hugged both of my legs, "But I'm glad. Finally we can have a chat together. Only us." - I let my masks down for the first time.

- "You are a prodigy at keeping your friends' motivation in tact."

- "It's not a talent... At least not Idol Talent." - I smiled, looking around.

- "Oh. You seem to feel easier here than you're with your friends. You're not scared of me?"

- "I'm not. I don't feel bad aura from you."

- "How bold of you to say that. So you feel bad aura from your friends?"

I shook my head, "Of course not. But there are many things I can't say to them." - I turned to him, seeing him place down his cup of tea, "Your Casablancas are beautiful... Sweet fragrance. What flower do you think it fits me?" 

- "Dandelion then. The dandelion represents change and new beginnings, travel and discovery, freedom and a fresh start."

- "Mmh... You are just like everyone..." - I frowned a bit, before standing up, "Because of my loud voice, I was scared of dreaming of becoming an idol. Even after Mirei helped me, I was still scared, I ran away many times but everyone got my back so I was able to stand on stage again."

Hibiki-sama seemed to be speechless. He didn't say anything, just listen to me talking after all.

- "That's why I created my own idol persona. And stick to it even when I wasn't in PriPara. To repay to  everyone's kindness and help, I become the person who is always happy, the one who always has an infallible good humor. I'm the one who always has a smile on my face, who can almost never be sad, or doubt. I'm the one who encourages others, who gives them support, instead of them helping me like before. Everyone calls it Baka Capisce power then..." - I looked at him, eyes full of hurt, smiling sadly.

- "..."

- "I like sincerely see the happy and bright smile of those around me. It makes me work longer, harder, to disappoint anyone who encourages me in return. I rather let myself take away their sadness and despair than see them lose their motivation."

- "Manaka Laala, you..."

- "I have to stick to that role, even outside PriPara. Or else my friends will realize it. How can I drop my masks now?" - I smiled bitterly as he jumped down, carrying me in princess style to his chair and put his hand on my cheek.

- "Do you feel like you are breathing now?" 

- "A little, I guess. I only let my masks down when I am alone..."

- "Yet you drop your masks in front of me?"

- "I feel safe with you, I guess."

- "Safe, you say?"

- "I'm just an idol made of lies. Lying is fine and is, in fact, a desirable trait. Everyone wants to see a beautiful lie, not an ugly truth. They like my idol persona, not my true self. Sophie is also the same... When she joined my team, many of her fans dropped out, disappointed of her. I just can't let it happen to me. No matter what, lies allows me to process the world around me. Lies is a form of "Love". Loving my family. Loving my friends. Loving my fans. But..."

- "But?"

- "Nothing..."

- "Manaka Laala." - He looked directly at my eyes, and I couldn't look away at all.

- "I..."

~ End Chapter 7 ~