1. The taxi driver

Thunder rumbled in the sky as raindrops fell sharply and heavily on the orange taxi Ha jun was driving. It had been almost a week since he'd joined the company.

Driving a taxi the whole day dropping and picking up passengers could be tiring but not for him. All Ha jun did was take the taxi out of Rainbow company in the morning when his shift started and park it back when the shift ended. He had people to take care of the job during the time in between.

The same routine was followed even today. It was around 11 in the night when he was in his taxi near a bus stop, attending a call. While talking his gaze travelled to the bus stop on his right. From the window covered with falling raindrops, he could see an old man and a girl who he assumed were waiting for the bus.

He pulled the glass down to get a clear view of the bus stop since the conversation he was having wasn't very interesting. He saw the old man leaving the bus stop as the girl rushed after him a few seconds later. The girl gave the only umbrella she had to the old man since he had none. Ha jun witnessed the scene curiously as the girl convinced the old man to take the umbrella and rushed back to the bus stop for shelter, now drenched.

''Are you listening ?'' The voice from the other end of the call pulled Ha jun back from his trance.
''I'll talk to you later.'' He said as he disconnected the call abruptly. He drove his taxi closer to the bus stop. He saw the girl looking out on the street for any transport as she rubbed her hands for some warmth. Ha jun looked at his wrist watch, it was time to go back. Then he looked at the girl again.

''Excuse me, are you waiting for the bus ?'' Ha jun said coming out of his taxi that now stood infront of the bus stop.
''Ah, yes.''
''The last bus left an hour ago.''
''What ?'' The girl cursed her timing and then noticed the taxi.
''Is this your taxi ?'' She asked as Ha jun nodded.
''But my shift's already ended.'' He said as the girl's mind started to wander to what she should do next. Ha jun noticed her expressions getting dramatic and she was probably unaware of it. He unconsciously smiled shaking his head.

''But I think I can go overtime today.'' He added catching her attention. A smile shined on the girls face as she got in the cab and Ha jun after her.

''Here.'' Ha jun said handing her his black coat from the seat beside him. He kept an outfit in the cab just incase he needed to change his disguise.
''Thank you.'' The girl said putting the cloth over her.

''Thank you so much. If it weren't for you I wouldn't know there are no buses now.'' The girl said.
''It's pretty late. You should have checked the bus time table.''
''Actually there's no reception here. My bad luck.''

In around 45 minutes, Ha jun reached the said destination.
''Thank you once again.'' She said giving back the coat.
''It's fine, you didn't have to return it.'' But the girl insisted.
''Thank you once again for your help.'' Ha jun just smiled and nodded.
''It's rainy season so you should have carried an umbrella today.'' He suggested her knowing very well that she gave her umbrella to the old man.
''Right, it must have slipped my mind today.''
Interesting.

The next day,
Y/n

''So that is what happened yesterday.'' I shared everything with my best friend on call. She moved to a different city some months ago because of work and since then it became difficult to meet each other often. But you cant break the code you know.
''Was the guy handsome ? The taxi driver ?'' I saw this question coming.
''Da hye-ah, I just met him once.''
''How do you know you're not gonna meet him again ?'' I smiled nodding my head cause here we go again.

"Y/n, you know you friend is a psychic right ? Remember the time I told you to carry an umbrella because it would rain. The forecast was clear but there was a strom that day. And that time when---''
''Okay okay. I agree that you have good intuition but you aren't a futurist, Da hye. Im not in a drama you know.''
''Dramas are inspired by real life too y/n.'' There's one good thing about Da hye and one bad thing. That she never gives up.
''Tell me honestly, you just want someone to go on a double date with you and your boyfriend. That is why you're trying so hard to hook me up with someone, right ?''
''No.... Maybe ?'' We both chuckled at her silliness until I let out a small shriek when my body jerked forward as the cab I was in stopped abruptly.

''Are you alright ?'' The cab driver asked me.
''Yes, what happened ?'' My question was answered by itself as I saw a little girl in front of the cab.

''Y/n, are you alright ?'' Da hye asked as the call was still on.
''Yeah, dont worry. I'll call you later.'' I got down from the vehicle to check if the child was injured.

''Are you alright child ? Did you get hurt any where ?'' The girl looked around as if she was.... Running from someone ? She looked frightened and I reckon its just because of the incident just now.
''What's wrong ? Do you need my help ? I promise you can trust unnie. I will help you, so tell me.''
''I.... I need to find So mang.'' She said in a breaking voice.

''So Mr. Choi took the first box away and then Mr. Park took the biggest one. It was so hilarious to see the man run after the two.''
''It's not our fault. He said they were free samples.''
I could hear the laughter and chatter as soon as I stepped in the room. The room became silent as everyones eyes fell on me. I smiled and greeted a hello to everyone till my eyes landed on a face that became familiar very recently.

''You ? What are you doing here ?''