one

the username nakamoto

"Stay in your room tonight

"Stay in your room tonight." My brother declared to me rather suddenly and that was definitely something to get my attention off the book I was reading.

"Why?" I simply asked before refusing, even though it wasn't reasonable at all

"Why?" I simply asked before refusing, even though it wasn't reasonable at all. He knew that I knew about his friends but for some reason I'd figured out that he was hiding that I even existed to them.

"You're such a pain, can't you just do this for me tonight."

"You're the one who's so embarrassed of letting your friends know you have a sister." I angrily muttered but picked up my book moving off the sofa. "But fine, I don't want to see them anyway."

On my way upstairs I grabbed some food to snack on as I slammed my door behind me, hoping Sicheng would hear it. It wasn't often he did this, but when he did, it was so humiliating. My own brother was ashamed of me clearly. He was 22 now, turning 23 in October, yet I was still 19 and young in his eyes. But I had to listen to him, he was the only family I had left, I couldn't leave him, not until he gets married or something of the sort.

I stared forward at the grey paint in my bedroom and it made me feel plain inside and out. If only we had a landlord who would let us change the colour scheme. Grey was okay but, on every single wall of the house? It was a little too much grey. Sicheng would keep telling me that things were going to get better for us but I never saw improvement, just less and less of my brother.

Voices came from downstairs at around 9pm and so I dimmed my lights to my bedroom. There were many of them, as per usual, yet I'd never once seen their faces. I didn't know their names, how old they were or even how close they were to my brother and it frustrated me. I wasn't going to just stay put in this house though, not when it was so loud.

My eyes looked back at my figure through the mirror and I saw my tall stance with my long black hair falling down by my sides. After my eyeliner was drew and my fringe was positioned how I liked it, I grabbed a jacket to cover my top which showed my collarbones and quietly pushed up the window of my bedroom.