3:2 Goodbyes Sure Do Suck

Start from the beginning

You let out a groan and stood up, trying to grab the book. "Okay, fine, whatever, can you just give me the book back, please? It's Landons." You pleaded.

Rafael glanced behind his back to look at you. "This book?" He questioned.

You looked at him, dumbfounded. "No, the book all the way down in Mystic Fall Library." You stated, but quickly continued. "Yes, dumbass, that book." You emphasised. When you tried grabbing it, he kept moving away from your prying hands. "Just give me the book." You accidentally shoved him.

That's when you realised he was going to do something to retaliate. "Wait, wait, no, no, no, no, no." You repeated multiple times before he threw the book down and placed you in a headlock. "Stop, stop." You stated, getting annoyed.

"Now we're here." Rafael commented, laughing.

That's when you felt something hit your cheek, a wet substance. "Raf, let go now." You ordered, getting angry with the way he was playing, which for you felt it was rough.

Rafael tilted his head still laughing. "I can't hear you. I-I can't hear you." Rafael kept saying.

You let out a groan of annoyance as you tried pushing yourself out of it. "Raf." You sternly called, although he still thought he was joking. "Stop!" You yelled, elbowing him in the stomach, trying to be gentle, which caused him to let go.

"What?" He questioned, confused. You lifted your hand to your cheek and saw the crimson red blood on your fingers, you wanted to look away but when you looked up at Rafael and saw the same crimson blood trickling down his nose, you pointed towards it. "Huh?" He said before raising a hand to his nose. Once he saw the red blood, he stared, extremely confused.

That's when he started gagging and fell to his knees, puking up a lot of blood, that's when you looked away, groaning in his gust while you held a comforting hand on his shoulder while trying to draw out the noise by obviously looking away and trying to focus on something else in the room.

"Raf, you got to get up." You commented once he stopped throwing up. He only let out groans as he breathed in, his lungs needing the fresh air but it was obvious he was shaking his head as you felt his neck move back and forth.

You let out a short but worried breath as you looked back down at him, ignoring the blood as you grabbed his right arm and put it around your shoulders as you brought him to Ric's office. Once you got to the door, you lifted your leg and kicked open the door, entering the room with Rafael who looked like a vampire gone mad.

"Ric." You called, seeing him and Kaleb turn around.

————

Alaric had gotten the witches to look over Rafael while you waited outside the lab. Landon then came rushing to your side. "I heard about Raf, is he okay?" He questioned, trying to look into your worried but distant eyes that didn't look into his. Landon then grabbed your shoulder, getting you out of your trance. "Kate! Is he okay?" He repeated.

You stumbled on your words, shaking your head. "I-I don't know- he just- he just started coughing up blood-" You spoke rather quickly but stopped yourself, motioning to your cheek with the dried blood on it.

Landon let out a sigh but once you both saw the witches, including Lizzie leave the room, you both entered to see Rafael taking out the IV. "What are you doing?" Landon questioned as you both walked over to Raf.