ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕊𝕚𝕩

[4

[4.5] 

-The Manuscript- 

"Is...is that a squirrel?!" 

[Marine Tower]

"Hey, rival. What are you doing?" Minoura asks watching Poe sit on the steps skimming the manuscript. Karl had run off not long before this which Poe found strange. 

"Speed reading the manuscript" Poe responds flipping them at a rate of two seconds per page. "There might be something in here that could help Ranpo-kun" 

"Minoura-san, what exactly is this case of the mystery writer murder that everyone is talking about?" The female officer asks the middle aged man. 

"What, you don't know?" Minoura looks at her in surprise, "The body was discovered by the manager of the inn. A small wind up doll carried over his severed ears right to her on the stair well. The author was an exceptionally talented detective novel writer. He was found murdered at the inn where he'd been staying long-term to work" 

Flicking on his lighter Minoura lights the cigarette between his lips, taking a long drag. 

"The biggest misery of this case is that the conditions around the murder resemble the murder depicted in the novel" Minoura explains tapping the cigarette ash off. "That's the gist of the infamous Killing of Kindaichi" 

"And I thought I might find something out about who'd stolen the manuscript if I read the last chapter, but..." Poe sighs flipping through again, lavender eyes noticing some plot points. 

The murderer was an old acquaintance of the victims, motivated by years of pent up anger. Poe thought, exactly how Ranpo had deduced

His eyes widen as he looks over the last page, fingers sliding against the smudged ink. 

"The word 'end' on the last page is smudged" Poe mutters leaning closer to inspect it. "Are these water droplets?" 

"No, looking at it more carefully, it's not hand written. It's a copy" Poe realized keeping the paper right in front of his face. "Why?" 

Minoura puts out his cigarette in a pocket ashtray. Slipping his hands into his pockets and looking over at the lanky detective. 

"Well?" Minoura asks sighing the tiniest bit. Its silent for a moment as they all ponder the situation before—

CAW CAW CAW CAW!!!

"What the hell?!" Minoura shouts as they all flinch and yelp from the loud crows cawing. Poe fumbling around his coat for his phone finally finding it and answering the call. 

"Its my cellphone!" Poe tensely states holding the device arms length away. 

"Why were you surprised then?" Minoura asks tensely still feeling startled. The female officer sweat drops at the nervous man.