"I guess." Jess gave him what he hoped was an encouraging smile.

"You look more worried about this than me." Isaac chuckled and Jess felt his smile become a little more genuine.

"I worry about you."

Isaac leaned over and pecked his lips. "It'll all be okay."

"Alright." He let out a little breath. Whether it was of relief or worry he couldn't decide.

They got out of the car and Jess followed behind Isaac into the building. Isaac must've not liked this very much because he reached back and grabbed Jess's hand. He pulled the boy up to walk next to him and then wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"Is this okay?" Isaac bent his head down to whisper and Jess nodded. He melted into Isaac's side as they walked.

People were looking at them, whispering to each other. Jess looked over to Isaac but true to his word the boy was ignoring them.

They walked over to Jess's locker and the dark haired boy pulled his bag out of it. He threw it over his shoulder and after closing his locker Isaac leaned against it.

"Oh so we're doing the whole cliché, too cool for school jock leaning against locker bit now?" Jess raised an eyebrow.

Isaac laughed. "That's exactly what we're doing now."

Jess rolled his eyes but had a fond smile. It was hard to have any other expression around Isaac. He then caught sight of someone walking towards them.

Two someones.

Andrew and Tally were talking as they walked. Their conversation faded once they approached the two. Tally smiled and looked at Jess. "Hey."

"Hey." Jess smiled back.

"Mason is driving Kristi to school today and so he's taking longer than usual and I'm lonely. Hence why I decided to come over here, and then I bumped into Andrew. He said you guys were cool now." He looked at Isaac like he was confirming it. Isaac smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, we're cool."

"Cool." Tally smiled. "So what're you two up to?"

"Being gay." Jess answered with ease and he and Tally chuckled.

"Hey." Mason walked up to their group suddenly. He was guiding Kristi by one hand that was placed on the small of her back.

She smiled as she saw Jess in their group. "Hey."

Jess smiled back. "Hey." He didn't talk to Kristi much but he supposed she probably talked to him more than Mason's other friends. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She had a genuine smile and her eyes flicked between him and Isaac for a moment. It didn't deter her smile though. "How are you?"

"I've been pretty good. I heard a rumor you're dating a football boy now, that true?" Jess held a playful smile and Kristi laughed under her breath.

"I know, can you believe it?"

"I honestly can't. I never thought you would drop your standards so low." Mason looked offended but Kristi just laughed quietly again.

"Last I heard, you aren't one to talk." She pointed out and Jess chuckled.

"Touché."

"I think Zack's boyfriend just stole your girlfriend, Mase." Tally said with an amused smile.

"I didn't know you two were friends." Mason looked between the two.

"We're not really. We never talk all that much but Jess is very easy to talk to. Once, you get past the unapproachable look to him he's a really nice guy."