Dylan and the Diner

Mulai dari awal

I opened the bag, and his clothes for the day were on top. I pulled out the outfit, and set it on the couch.

"Come here little guy, we need to get you dressed," I said to Dylan, and he toddled over to me in response.

I attempted to put him in the tiny outfit, and by the time he was finally dressed Phil was out of the shower.

"You guys ready to go?" Phil asked, stepping into the room.

Dylan and I nodded.

I carried Dylan outside, and Phil grabbed his stroller. We put him in the stroller once we were down the stairs, and Phil lead the way to the diner.

We didn't talk much on the way there. Dylan was looking at the sky, and Phil was humming quietly. The streets weren't too busy, so we got to the diner pretty quickly.

The diner looked plain from the outside. The only way to identify it was the small sign on the door. Other than that, it was just a plain brick building.

The inside was way better. It was bright and cheerful. A waiter sat us at a table near the window, and brought a booster seat for Dylan to sit on. He took our drink orders, and walked into the kitchen.

"So, have you missed me Dylan?" Phil asked. Dylan nodded, and made a strange face.

"What's that face for?" Phil chuckled.

"I don't like mommy's new friend," Dylan pouted.

"Well, you can come to my house and play with me whenever you like," Phil said. I found it odd that he didn't question Heather's "new friend".

A moment later, the waiter brought us our drinks. Phil and I had coffee, and Dylan had chocolate milk. We placed our food orders, and then Phil shifted his attention to me.

"So, Dan, what got you interested in meteorology?" he asked. I definitely wasn't prepared for that question.

"Well, um, when I was little," I paused for a moment. "I really liked thunderstorms. So, my mum told me I should be a meteorologist."

Phil laughed. "Thunderstorms are nice. Dylan is afraid of them though," he said in response.

"They loud," Dylan said firmly. Phil and I laughed.

A few minutes later the waiter came back with our food. We had all ordered pancakes. Phil cut Dylan's food while I started eating.

"These are the best pancakes I have ever had," I stated after taking a few bites.

"Yeah, I come here for the pancakes more often than I'd care to admit," Phil said as he began to eat his food.

Phil and I both finished before Dylan did, even though he'd only got one pancake. We talked some more until he finished.

"So, if you get the job are you going to move closer to the studio?" Phil asked me.

"Well, I hadn't really thought about it much. I still live with my parents at the moment, so it would definitely be nice to move out," I said calmly.

"Well, if you need a place to stay, I'm currently hoping to find a roommate," Phil smiled.

"I- I'll take it into consideration," I smiled back.

"Are you guys like mommy and her friend?" Dylan asked Phil.

"Um, er, not really Dylan," Phil said awkwardly, his face turning red. "Nope, we're just friends. Right Dan?"

"Right," I blushed.

"Oh," Dylan said. "I done with my food."

Sure enough, the only thing on his plate was a puddle of syrup.

The waiter walked back over to our table. "Will this be one bill, or two?" he asked. Phil responded with one before I could interject.

"My treat," he smiled when the waiter walked away.

"You really don't have to," I said back.

"I know. I want to," he retorted.

"Thank you," I say, smiling.

He pays the bill while I put Dylan back in his stroller.

"You've got some sticky hands, little guy," I say to him. It's like he dipped his hands in the syrup.

"Here's a wipe," Phil says, making me jump. I take the wipe and clean the syrup off his hands.

"So, where to next?" I ask, pushing the stroller outside.

"Park!" Dylan exclaimed.

"Sounds good to me," Phil says gleefully. "You in, Dan?"

"Yep, to the park we go!"

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading! Sorry it took so long for me to get it up! I get out of school next week, so I should be able to write more then. Thanks again, you guys are great!