Chapter 1: A Hellish Life of Counter

Counter-people are those who have been bestowed with extraordinary powers beyond human capacity. It is a rare phenomenon for humans to awaken their power. Awaken State is the term used to describe the state of Counter when they awaken to their power as a result of a dangerous eruption. One fateful day, an enigmatic portal appeared out of nowhere, unleashing a band of fierce and terrifying monster invaders that went by the name of "Deadmans". These creatures were believed to have hailed from a world shrouded in mystery and known only as "NightSide". Ever since that time, humanity has been engaged in a continuous battle against the "Deadmans". The reason behind the coming together of human hating counters is their belief that they are the cause of the continuous human killings by "Deadmans". Children who become aware of their power often face hatred from their families, leading to them being either cast out onto the street or banished to the dangerous "NightSide". To prevent counters from facing the hostility of humans, Alice Night, a counter, and a group of her friends collaborated to establish Enterprise Haven, a city dedicated to their protection. The Counter Administration was subsequently formed to manage the city's affairs. It should be acknowledged that not all humans bear ill-will towards the Counter as there are those who decide to join the Counter Administration and aid them in facing the "Deadmans". By working alongside a researcher, they were able to develop "Anti-Deadmans" weapons and mecha to aid in their mission. Alice, who is passionate about protecting the counter and controlling their power, made the decision to establish a university specifically for this purpose, which she named Enterprise University. From that moment onwards, the battle between humanity and "Deadmans" has been an ongoing war that shows no signs of stopping.-The journal entry of Julia Stone, number 188. 

{Raiden's Home, located in Lunar City

{Raiden's Home, located in Lunar City.}

"Aya! AYA! Wake up," a voice urgently called out her name. A girl with long pink hair was still lying in her bed as she gradually woke up and opened her bright blue eyes. She emerged from her room, dressed in her light pink tank top and blue PJ shorts, after getting out of bed. Slowly and carefully, she descended the stairs, making her way to the kitchen where she was greeted by the familiar faces of her mother, father, and older brother and sister. In a tone laced with disgust, her mother let out a sigh and asked, "What took you so long to get up for school?" as she watched her daughter struggle to get out of bed.