s2, vi.

betrothed.
*·˚
-

"have you ever
thought of betrothal?"

"all the time, amor."

(name) looked over the series of pictures by the entrance again

(name) looked over the series of pictures by the entrance again. "hey." sól greeted softly, her hands behind her back. "oh, hi." (name) replied.

"please don't be." (name) frowned. camilo sighed again, burying his face in his hands. "i actually have a question." (name) paused. camilo's brows raised.

"have you ever thought of betrothal?" (name) bit her cheek to the point she could taste the blood. she stayed silent in her spot as she let her novio think, but it didn't really take much time for him to think.

camilo loved (name), very much actually. "all the time, amor."

the memory did not stop repeating in her head. sól anxiously waited for (name) to speak. "sól.." the wavy-haired hummed curiously. "how.. how does your gift work? how is it connected to you?" (name) asked.

nobody's really asked about sól's gift besides her boyfriend. "well, maybe we should find somewhere to sit first?" (name) beamed, "i know just the place."

*·˚

the grand tree stayed a special place to (name), including camilo. that's just where they went.

sól sighed softly, with a smile. "i love this place." (name) mirrored her smile. "i do too. i had my first 'date' here with camilo." the girl air-quoted. "what was the air-quote for?" sól painted a puzzled look.

"uh well, that's a story for another time." (name) giggled. sól nodded in understanding, "you wanted to know how my gift is connected to me?" they sat criss-crossed on the grass under the shade of the tree.

the area was big, almost ten times the size of casita. it was open, and the air was fresh. (name) blurted a 'yes' upon facing the older girl. sól was also a few months older than (name). "so, my gift is cosmic manipulation. i can basically shift gravity and i can change the course of heavenly bodies."

(name)'s eyes twinkled. "wow." she breathed. "it's a lot more pressuring than you think." sól shrugged. "but, it's connected to me because i studied a lot of astronomy with my dad and my grandmother. as it so happens, my first date with carlos was during a meteor shower." the (hair color) haired gasped in excitement.

"that's so romantic!" (name) held sól's hands. sól laughed, "right?! honestly, when i first met carlos we hated each other, because of families." (name) quizzily tilted her head in confusion. "kind of like romeo and juliet?" sól's eyes widened. "yes! exactly that!"

the two synchronized laughs. "why do you ask (name)?" (name) shook her head, "it's nothing." sól teasingly raised a brow. "okay fine," (name) inhaled sharply. "camiloaskedmeforbetrothal."

sól stopped, taken back. "wh- what did you say? you went a little fast there." (name) inhaled sharply again. "camilo asked me for betrothal." sól froze again.

"HE WHAT?!"

*·˚

(name) woke up in camilo's room, her head pounding and her heart was beating incredibly fast. she peeked out the window, it was dark. was it the night time already?

"i- i don't know what happened!" she heard sól's voice from downstairs. "this is why i didn't want her here!" abuela alma shot. "do not talk about her like that!" carlos shouted, obvious fury growing. "i just need to know if she'll be okay." camilo stopped the family from arguing. "she will, amor." pepa reassured.

there were sounds of footsteps climbing up the stairs. the door creaked open, dolores and mirabel stood by the frame. "she's awake!" mirabel yelled, dolores abruptly raising her hands to her ears.

the family ran quickly up the stairs and inside camilo's room. "amor, amor." camilo repeated, taking her in his arms and peppering her with kisses. "i'm fine." she softly chuckled. "(name)!" (mother's name) stepped to hug her daughter.

"what happened out there?" she asked. "i don't even remember a thing." (name) furrowed her brows. "we found you fainted on the grass with sól calling for help." now she remembered. "are you sure you're okay?" camilo cupped her face. "yes- yeah, i'm okay."

sól tried to walk towards (name), but abuela alma had stopped her from doing so. "no please, you can let sól come closer." (name) wanted to grit her teeth badly at how rude abuela alma was being. sól giggled out of relief and embraced (name) in a tight hug.

"i'm so glad you're okay." sól mumbled. "woah. your eyes." sól spoke upon letting go. "what's with my eyes?" (name) rose a brow. camilo kneeled by sól to examine her eyes. "jeez, they're pink amor."