epilogue.

the rain.
*·˚
"what else do you wanna do today?"
"everything."
-

(name) and camilo sat down at the front of a small bakery. they were both extremely tired from exploring the village and as well as hungry.

"i'm full. can you finish it?" (name) shoved her plate of food lightly to camilo. camilo wiped the corners of his lips with a napkin and nodded. "you sure?" he asked. (name) responded with a yes before leaning back on her chair.

(name) waited for camilo to finish, observing townsfolk and her surroundings. "it just seems so different from encanto." she spoke, taking camilo's attention off the half eaten sandwich in his hands.

"well yeah. is that such a bad thing?" he asked. she shook her head slightly hesitating. "imagine the other side of the world." she breathed. camilo painted a worrisome expression, "are you thinking of leaving the encanto?"

(name) turned her head to him and smiled. "of course not. not without you." she casually shrugged. though they we're dating, (name) always managed to send butterflies in camilo's stomach.

he could feel his ears warming up. (name) faintly scrunched up at a sudden touch of water. "did you feel that?" she asked. camilo raised a brow, "feel what?" then there it was again. "the water."

he shook his head. but he jumped too, at an unexpected drop on the floor. "but.. my mamí, i'm sure isn't sad right now?" camilo was at loss. then it started to become more and more heavier. the rain started pouring down.

"we gotta go!" camilo yelled, pulling (name) under his ruana. "no, no, wait!" she cried, instead of pulling camilo out of the rain, she pulled him in the middle of it.

the music of the bakery continued to play. "dance with me, 'milo." she extended her arm for him to take. camilo completely speechless. this moment was real, she was real. they were real.

and he just.. couldn't believe it.

*·˚

a week had passed and it was time to go back to encanto. "(name), catch mija!" pepa called from the other side of her spot. (name) caught the bag in her hands that pepa had thrown in her direction.

"nice catch!" she pumped her fists in the air. (name) giggled, placing the bag in the back where thw rest of the stuff were. "ready?" camilo hit her hip with his own. "as i'll ever be." she sighed with relief. "this was a really nice trip, but i miss my mamá." she shrugged.

camilo faintly smiled. "i do too actually, i miss her baking." he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "all aboard familía!" agustin yelled joyfully, it was his turn to drive.

besides the rest of the madrigal family and (name), bruno had a plus one. feather followed after bruno with a nervous smile. "señora feather!" (name) waved. feather curved her lips into a much wider smile. "hola, (name)." she greeted.

camilo wiggled her brows at (name), which she returned. "i really am the best matchmaker in the whole world." she bragged with a smirk. "riiiight." camilo playfully rolled his eyes and pushed her shoulders inside the vehicle.

"okay, okay, i'm going!" (name) laughed. the couple sat in their usual spot, across camilo's sister and prima's. antonio sat by (name) and were all ready to leave.

the sound of the engine kept the madrigal family silent, until it ran smoothly. abuela alma, instead of a frown on her face, had a faint smile painted. guess she found the closure she's been looking for.

camilo kissed (name)'s forehead before placing his own head on her shoulder. "night (name)." (name) snickered at the statement, obviously it was still daytime. well, it was almost night.

the sun was going down, and the sky was orange and oh so pretty. this was all she needed. and it was sleeping on her shoulder right under her nose.