v.

lovesick.
*·˚
"her name's valentina."
new cover woo!
-

"you tell me what advice you need bud." antonio grew to be more comfortable around (name). "um, i wanna give her something for valentine's.. which is soon." he kept fidgeting with his fingers.

goodness. valentines. (name) had forgotten all about it! "i got an idea." camilo squatted by (name) and antonio. "we'll have a double date." antonio's eyes lit up. (name) gave camilo a confused look.

by the time of valentines, next week, they would've ended this whole charade. what the hell is he thinking?

antonio was filled with joy, jumping up and down. "really?! you'll do that?" camilo nodded, giving (name)'s confused look a reassuring one. with that, (name) learned to relax. "well where do you wanna take her?"

"the grand tree."

*·˚

dinner went surprisingly well. it was camilo's job today to do the dishes, everybody else was now in the living room doing some family game. (name) stayed back with camilo, being the clingy person she is.

plus, she wanted to know this supposed 'double date.'

"i thought we were going to end this a week from now?" (name) asked camilo, his back facing her. she leaned over the counter, her hands crossed over her chest. "mm.. we can add another week no? for antonio?"

he turned to (name), his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. she did really like antonio. "well, since he's my favorite madrigal, then fine."

"cool then- wait a minute." (name) gave a smug smile. camilo laughed, "come here." he extended his hands out, drenched in water and soap. (name) ran as fast as she could out the kitchen, camilo running after her.

by the time she reached a dead end, she panted, as well as accepted her defeat. "camilo, camilo, no.." she mumbled with a laugh. camilo looked like a jaguar ready to pounce. he held (name) tightly in his arms.

(name) was struggling to get out, laughing like she's never laughed in her life before. "camilo- stop!" she giggled. "not unless you say i'm your favorite madrigal! i am your boyfriend after all!" he kept her in his arms.

"ah, ah, ah, fake boyfriend! so it doesn't count." she said in between giggles. "okay, okay, you're my favorite," she hesitated. "madrigal!" she finally had the courage to say. camilo finally let go. (name) held her chest dramatically.

she gave an nudge, "i hate you." camilo winced. "no you don't."

"yeah," she paused. "no i don't."

on the walk back home, camilo insisted he'd take her there. though, she's told him that encanto has a crime rate of 0% and she knew the way back home, he still followed behind her.

(name) pulled out the notebook, writing down a few words. do you think it worked? it read. camilo was given a few seconds to read, giving a thumbs up in response. how do you know that? (name) wrote again.

she handed him the notebook and pencil, she's my sister. i'll know. (name) rolled her eyes at the petty excuse. she took it back, you don't know do you? camilo gave a pout. do you doubt me so? he snickered.

(name) nodded with a smug smile. he shifted his face from a smug teenage boy to a frowning one. (name) let out a laugh. "i had fun tonight." (name), finally saying something instead of writing. "good. oh and remember, valentines, you, me, antonio, and señorita valentina." he dramatically twirled.

the girl beside him nodded with a smile. they arrived by (name)'s door, "gracias camilo." she said in a whisper. he kept his hands behind his back, little does she know he was fiddling with them from nervousness.

"de nada (name)." he said, he felt his stomach turn, the good kind. with that, she smiled and closed the door behind her, leaving camilo in a lovesick frenzy.

sure, it all started with him asking (name) for advice with a different girl, but now.. my god, was he lovesick with his love mentor. the cupid. the matchmaker.

(name) was just as lovesick. she felt her heart was about to escape out of her chest of how fast it was beating. she buried her face in a couch pillow and just screamed in it. this matchmaker was finally in love, in the way she least expected it.

*·˚

the grand tree, the grand tree, the grand tree. (name) mentally echoed those three words in her head to keep her on track. ever since she and camilo have been 'fake' dating, she's been losing focus, easily distracted, it felt kind of nice.

"oh! book covers." she giggled as she stopped by a kind vendor. so much for repeating 'the grand tree' to herself. "you look really pretty today (name), what's the occasion?" señora helen asked with a painted smile, who happened to be the vendor.

(name) turned her head to the woman, "valentines date." she shrugged. the woman hummed. "encanto's matchmaker finally found a novio?" she teased. (name) gave a sheepish smile. "si.. i guess you could say that."

the women of encanto being a chismosa as they usually are, "who's the lucky guy?" (name) bit her lip. did camilo want the town to know about them or..? "um, i don't think he'll be comfortable with me telling." she said in a very soft tone.

"aww, come on (name). you know i won't tell anybody." señora helen shrugged. please. (name) thought to herself. she felt a hand on her shoulder, around her neck. "buenos dias, señora." camilo stood by her, his other hand on his hip.

he sassily flipped the side of his hair, giving a smile to (name). "oh camilo!" señora helen moved her eyes from camilo to his arm around (name). with that, she let out a soft gasp. "you two!" she said with a very wide smile.

"how adorable, encanto's shapeshifter and encanto's cupid." she said with her hands together. the couple giggled. "hi (name)!" she heard a tiny voice below her. (name) laughed, "hi tonito." she pinched his cheek softly before letting go. "where's valentina?" she asked.

antonio grew red at the name, "were going to pick her up." she nodded, holding his hand. "best that we don't keep her waiting then. girls hate that." she gave an affectionate eye roll, slightly giving a side eye to camilo.

"it was one time! my curls were just took forever to detangle!" camilo defended. antonio and (name) snickered. "whatever, come on, let's go."