5

Toni POV

"Ah!" I was awoken by cold water thrown at me.

"Oh good your awake." The man said smiling while walking away.

"Wha- why are y'all doing this to me," I said trying to catch my breath.

"We were told to do it." I heard Janice yell from someone in this small cabin.

"can y'all get your money already, and please let me go free."

"No, that's not how it works we wait until the call and your face plastered on the tv, Then we will take your money." The man said with an evil grin.

"Randy stop scaring her," Janice said coming to his side and hitting him.

"For the last my name is Manny." He said under his breath like I wasn't here in the same room as them.

"Randy shut up. Also, my real name is Janet. My dumbass brother thought It would be a good idea to change our names." She said rolling her eyes. Randy looked at her like he wanted to kill her.

"Don't move an inch!" He yelled at me, he roughly grabbed Janet's arm quickly walking away. I can't believe this is happening to me.
_____________________

Janet POV

"What is it?" I said jerking my arm back.

"You! Why are you acting soft? Last night once we got out of the car you told me to not wake her and let her sleep until the morning." I rolled my eyes at his bickering.

"I'm just doing what the person who hired us told us to do which is; take her, watch her, and make sure she doesn't get hurt or run away until we get paid," I said in a duh tone. He sucked his teeth and then walked away.

"Stop all that crying shit." I heard Randy say from the one little room in this small cabin. I walked closer to the door and saw her big eyes red with tears slowly falling from them. I don't know why I feel so bad. I always do these types of jobs with no guilty feeling but now, this is different.

"Randy let me handle this, go," I said looking from her to him with a serious face. He quickly nodded, closing the door behind him leaving us two alone.

"Why is this happening to me." She mumbled looking down at the floor. I sat on the bed looking down at her. She had her arms wrapped around her legs and was shivering from the water Randy dumped on her. I without hesitation grabbed the throw blanket off the bed and threw it on her. She still didn't look up or move. I got to her level and roughly grabbed her chin. Making her finally look up at me.

"People will do anything for money, buttercup." She stared at me intensely.

"Where is that diva Toni at?" I asked as we are still in the stare-down.

"I thought you were big and tuff, like to boss people, have your way, have control! Oh, well I guess since you don't get anyone here that isn't afraid of you, your not all that stuff! Huh?" I asked, she has a deadpan face and is just staring at me. Without warning I feel something wet on my face. This little bitch was holding back on me and just waiting for me to get close so she could spit on my face. I quickly wiped the saliva off of my face and looked back up at her and she took off.

"You son of a bitch! Randy?" I got up and saw the front door wide open. "Randy!" I yelled and without a doubt, he came out of nowhere and tackled her to the ground. He picked her up as she fought to let go.

"Since you want to spit on people's faces you are going in timeout, we wanted this to be a nice smooth sailing experience for you but, no." I opened the doors to the small shed behind the cabin. Randy tossed her in like a rag doll.

"No please, I'm sorry!" She screamed as I quickly shut the door and locked it.

"No you want to act like an animal I'm going to treat you like one." We walked back into the cabin and I noticed my phone flashing. It was a text.

"Do you have her?" Was what the text said from the person who called us for this job. I quickly texted back yes, and that if our money isn't even we will not be giving her back. They agreed with our arrangement and sent us the first half of the money. This might be the hardest job I have ever done.