20. dorian monsietti

Start from the beginning

Lilith understood his sincere intentions, although it had touched her damaged heart. She had not talked to anyone about what had happened, just cried for days.

"Where are you going?" Bárbara asked.

"To South Dakota, I'm going to visit some friends.

"What a coincidence!" exclaimed Barbara, looking at her son, who blushed. "He's also headed there for work. Sioux Falls?"

"Yes, are you taking a plane?" she asked Dorian directly. Speaking to him directly made him even more nervous. At this point, he had already earned the label of adorable.

"No, I'm driving my car. I need it to move around the city freely," he explained, gesturing with his hands. Lilith was paying too much attention to the details of his body.

"Why don't you go together?" Barbara suggested, patting his back and giving him a little push towards Lilith. She had a feeling it wasn't the first time she had seen something like this.

"Mum!" Dorian looked at his mother, holding his briefcase tightly and pursing his lips. "I'm sorry," he apologized for behavior that seemed to him the most tender. "I'd be delighted. If you want, we can go together."

"Thank you, I think it would be a better idea than taking a plane. There's a storm forecasted, and I was going with the idea that they might cancel my flight."

"Very well," Barbara now had a more radiant smile than usual. "I wish you both a good trip, and you, behave like a gentleman and turn on your brain for other things too. Life isn't just about software and business."

Dorian set off before his mother finished talking, causing Lilith to follow him. She wasn't particularly short around ordinary people, but as her companions were the Winchesters, she needed heels to avoid neck pain. With Dorian and flat shoes, she felt like a dwarf, barely reaching his shoulders. The silence of the way to the gates ended with the surprise of finding a luxurious car parked near the witches' trucks. A metallic black Lamborghini with polished shine and tinted glass. Her knowledge of cars was non-existent, she only knew it was a Lamborghini because of the logo. The only source that informed her about cars (or brought up the topic of conversation) was Dean, and every time he did, Lilith paid more attention to the latest news.

"Is that your car?" It had impressed her. Not only did the model demand economic status, but the damn doors opened to the sky, and the interior was the most modern she had ever seen. "Wow, it's very nice. I don't know what else to say. I don't know anything about cars."

"Don't worry, I don't either," he sat on the steering wheel and turned on the engine, which made a soft and pleasurable sound. "A colleague told me to buy it, and I did. I liked the model, it's fast on the road, and, well, it looks like Batman's car. It's a Lamborghini Murciélago 2001," Dorian fastened his seatbelt, and Lilith imitated him. After traveling so much in the Impala, she had forgotten that they existed. Neither Sam nor Dean used them. "Get comfortable, and let me know if you need anything. We'll have to rest at a hotel during the early morning. Is that okay for you?"

"Yes, you're in the front, you lead. I don't know how to drive," Dorian said, intrigued by the luxury Lamborghini brand. "So, you're going for work? What do you do? A car like this doesn't maintain itself by magic, does it?"

Entering one of the exits from the forest that led them directly to the road, Dorian felt more comfortable in the open air with the sun still shining. He relaxed his muscles and smiled less timidly; his cheeks returned to their natural color.

"I graduated from MIT with a master's degree in computer and information systems, currently finishing my Ph.D.," he said, now more confident than before. "While I was studying, I created an e-commerce website about video games, comics, books, TV shows, movies, related items, you can imagine," Lilith could imagine it since Dorian had a Batman logo keychain. "I was lucky it did very well; you might know it, FreakShop."