"Alright, thank you all who have volunteered. We will set off tomorrow morning at sunrise." Iglesias states.

"I wish I could go." Moona murmurs. "I'd like to be there to save my sister."

Delia looks at the woman. Moona's whole face seems to sag from the burden of past sadness.

"Then why can't you?" Delia asks tentatively.

Moona turns her pale blue eyes to the writer. "My duty is here." She ruffles the hair of the young girl hugging her legs. "I know that I'm meant to stay here and protect these young ones. At least until their mother returns."

"That's selfless of you." Delia says. "You're very kind to have taken responsibility for these children."

Moona shrugs her narrow shoulders. "Anyone would do it. I'm nothing special. But you, I can see that you shine bright."

"M-me?"

Moona smiles. "Yes, especially because you're at the perfect age."

"For what?" Delia crinkles a brow.

"To start making a difference." Her light eyes seem to flicker before adjusting. "Do not give up that chance. I did, it is one of the few things I regret."

"Yyou're right." Delia says. "B-but you're wrong too."

Moona raises a slender brow.

"You are never too old to make a difference. People do it every day, so that means, that means you are special. We all are."

Moona's smiles wanly in response. "Huh, I never thought of it that way. However, that doesn't mean you should still give up the chance."

"I know."

"Good, then you're decision is made."

"Wait, what decision?" Delia asks the interesting woman.

Moona's small smile widens. "To go, of course."

Delia looks at the woman completely dumbfounded. How does she know?

Moona's laugh is light, like the tinkling of a bell. "I could tell you were struggling with going or not. You quite are easy for me to read."

The boy at Moona's side tugs on her skirts. "I'm hungry."

"Yes, it is close to dinner, isn't it? Delia, would you like to help me prepare it?"

"Sure, I'd love to help."

At that Delia follows the willowy woman to the stove, or rather make-shift stove. Everything in this camp is make-shift.

The two females get to work, Delia mincing vegetables and Moona preparing and then cooking the deer meat the men hunted earlier. Delia adds the vegetable to the pot of boiling meat and then Moona mixes it, successfully making a large pot of stew for the whole village to share, which really isn't that many.

After it is done cooking Moona turns to the children sitting not too far away. Kipdale sits beside them, napping under the shade of a pine tree.

"Siyo, Magrie, please go tell everyone that dinner is ready." Moona tells the pair.

The two bob their red heads obediently and scamper off to notify the others.

"They really are good kids." Moona says while Delia helps her ladle out bowls of stew and hand out bread to the people beginning to make a line for food.

"They seem like it." Delia agrees.

After everyone received their portion of food and ate it most of the village went to bed early, especially the ones who had decided to go and help save the people in the cages.

Instead of going to bed like the others Delia and Kipdale --or rather Delia with Kipdale following her-- search for Iglesias. Moona had helped Delia make her decision, her decision being to join the rescue mission.

After asking around Delia is able to find Iglesias. The dark haired man sits outside his tent deep in thought.

"Hello, Iglesias. I would like to talk to you about something." Delia says.

Startled from his thoughts, it takes Iglesias a moment to recognize the girl. "Oh, it's you. Hello, Delia. What do you need to talk about?"

"It's about the rescue mission, actually." She says, stopping in front of the man. "I'd like to come with so I could help you."

Iglesias looks at the girl carefully. "You do? Aren't you looking for that man, though?"

Delia shakes her head. "He would want me to do this."

"Thank you, really. But I have to ask, why?"

"I feel like it's the right thing to do and I can tell you that I'll try my best to assist you the best way that I can."

Iglesias's pensive expression turns into a grateful grin. "Im happy you want to help, we need as much as we can get."

Delia nods. "I'm glad to do what I can."

At that Delia and Kipdale depart from the tent and head towards the one that was set up for them. Before they enter Delia sneaks a glance at the boy.

His skin looks clammy and pale, his eyes wide like a frightened animal.

"What's wrong, Kipdale? Are you alright?" Delia asks quickly, concern lacing her voice.

He shakes his head in a jerky movement that just has Delia even more worried. But when she goes to ask him more he is already in the tent and trying to sleep on one of the mats.

What is wrong with him, and how is he connected to what's going on?

These are two questions that Delia will never find out, or at least not find out for a long time.