Part 16

"P'Kao," Gulf turned around, surprised by Kao's expression.

He had never seen Kao look so intimidating before. Something must have happened.

"Oh, Kao. It's the first time we're meeting. Nice to meet you," Mew offered his hand.

"Yeah, sure," Kao shook Mew's hand, but his tone was cold.

Gulf furrowed his eyebrows. Kao had never been this rude before.

"Let's go, Gulf," Kao turned his head towards Gulf.

"Huh? Hmmm, sure. I'll be going, P," Gulf smiled at Mew.

"Already? If it's just the two of you, why don't we have dinner together?" Mew offered.

"I-"

"I told you that we already have plans together," Kao cut Gulf off.

"P'Kao..." Gulf called out to Kao, surprised by his tone.

Mew looked taken aback. They just met, but this younger man was being rude to him.

"Well, in that case, maybe we can catch up another time. Right, Gulf?" Mew looked at Gulf.

"Hmmm, yeah, sure, P," Gulf nodded. He had no energy to argue. He was tired, and the weather was so hot. He wanted to get to the car as soon as possible, but Mew kept stopping him.

"Gulf, why don't you go to the car first?" Kao smiled at Gulf.

"Huh? You're not coming?" Gulf questioned.

"I will, but it's hot outside. You should cool yourself in the car," Kao stated.

Gulf nodded. Finally, a chance for him to relax. He was feeling sleepy.

"I'm going first, P," Gulf wai'd Mew and walked towards the car.

"See you later, Gulf," Mew smiled widely.

Once Gulf entered the car, Kao opened his mouth.

"What's your intention, Mew?" Kao looked intimidating.

"No, P? Wow," Mew smirked.

"Answer the question," Kao stated.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mew feigned innocence.

"Are you pretending to be stupid, or are you really stupid?" Kao questioned.

"Huh?" Mew raised his right eyebrow.

"You knew about Gulf's feelings, didn't you?" Kao looked bored.

"What feelings?" Mew smiled teasingly.

"This isn't funny," Kao struggled to restrain himself from lashing out at the older man.

"Fine. Regarding that, you should stay away," Mew's smile faded.

"I can't do that," Kao stated.

"Why? Both of you are just friends, right? Why should you bother with his problems?" Mew crossed his arms.

"At least my feelings are genuine, both on and off camera," Kao smirked.

Mew looked taken aback.

"I know that you know about Gulf's feelings. Only fools would misinterpret them," Kao spoke.

"Hmmm," Mew still stared at Kao.

"Since you know, leave him alone. He is doing very well without you. You've left him alone for two years. Why don't you do that forever?" Kao turned around and started walking towards the car.

"Of course, I know how he feels," Mew's words stopped Kao in his tracks.

Kao turned around.

"That's why I stayed away from him. I cut off any contact with him. That way, he would leave me alone and not burden me with his feelings," Mew spoke up.

"Then why did you come back? He had already left you alone," Kao struggled to resist the urge to punch the older man.

"Because I needed him to see that I was moving on, so he could move on too. After all, he's my special person," Mew smirked.

"Thank you for your concern, but he was fine without you. Or maybe it was you who couldn't live without him. You started chasing him after you found out he had reached the top. I know you only wanted to use him, just like before," Kao clenched his fist.

Mew looked surprised for a few seconds and then glanced down. When he looked up again, he wore a smirk.

"I guess my intentions are transparent, huh?" Mew grinned.

Kao bit his inner cheek. He was truly at his breaking point with this man.

"You're right. After we separated, I can't deny that Gulf became one of the top stars. He signed with a big company, and even his events were highly successful. When I announced my relationship with Davikah, my career slowed down. But when Gulf shows up at my wedding, it will become news. He will move on from me, and I will gain fame. It's a win-win situation, don't you think?" Mew smiled widely.

"As I thought, you're a jerk. Gulf never once thought that you had such malicious intentions," Kao lowered his voice.

"Of course. He's such an innocent lamb, right? He even followed what I did during filming. He never knew that everything I did was to gain more fans. That's the whole purpose of fanservice, isn't it?" Mew approached Kao.

"And I am his first love. He will forgive me anytime," Mew smirked.

Kao reached his breaking point and punched Mew. Thankfully, there was no one around. Mew fell to the floor.

"Shut up. You are the lowest, Mew. Instead of facing his feelings like a man, you ran away and made him suffer alone. You never knew how it felt. How he cried every night thinking about you. How scared he was to love a man for the first time. You will never understand any of it. And now you come crawling back, wanting his fame that you lost. Consider this a warning, stay away from him. Don't involve him anymore. He's doing just fine. Or you'll receive another punch from me," Kao turned around.

"What about you?" Mew stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants.

"You're using him too, right? You want his fame," Mew smirked, wiping the blood off his face.

"No, I'm different. Unlike you, I won't make Gulf cry anymore. I will treasure him with my whole life, just like he deserves."

TBC