Part 10

"It's okay, P. I could go there by myself," Gulf rejected Kao's offer, knowing that he couldn't afford to cry in front of him again.

"In that case, I suggest you take a cab. It's better not to drive there," Kao looked at Gulf with worry.

"Okay, P," Gulf nodded and left the place.

When Gulf arrived at the restaurant, he took a deep breath before stepping inside. Thankfully, there had been few people outside, and he hadn't wanted anyone to recognize him. The waitress led him to a private area of the restaurant.

"Gulf!" Mew stood up from his seat and hugged Gulf. He smiled warmly when the young man arrived.

"Sawadee, P'Mew," Gulf broke the hug and wai'd Mew. Hugging Mew had been the last thing he wanted to do at that moment.

"Thank you for coming. I'm sure you're busy," Mew said, gesturing for Gulf to sit down in front of him.

"It's my day off, so it's okay, P," Gulf replied, taking a seat.

As Gulf looked around, he noticed that they were the only ones in the room. The intimate setting hadn't been good for Gulf's wounded heart.

"The traffic wasn't bad, right?" Mew poured green tea into Gulf's cup.

"P... Why did you want to meet me?" Gulf gone straight to the point, unable to stand the way Mew acted as if nothing had happened between them.

"Straight to the point, aren't we? Slow down, Gulf. It's been two years since we hung out," Mew pushed the teacup towards Gulf, accompanied by his sweet smile.

"Whatever, P," Gulf sighed. This was the side of Mew that he hadn't been fond of. Mew always avoided any disagreement between them by acting as if nothing had happened.

"So, you were doing okay in CH3? I was happy for you when I heard you had signed with the big company," Mew sipped his tea.

"It was okay, P. I had been busy working and received a lot more offers than before," Gulf ignored the tea and instead drank the warm water that had been poured by the waitress.

"That's good to hear. I also saw you a lot on billboards or even ATMs. You were everywhere," Mew chuckled.

"Hmmm," Gulf simply nodded. He indeed become a brand ambassador for numerous products. Previously, it would have been difficult for him to receive such offers, as he had been taught that BL actors should promote themselves as a couple rather than as individuals.

This was one aspect of the industry that Gulf never understood. Initially, he followed Mew's lead when they were promoting their drama, as it was his first experience in that genre. However, upon joining CH3, Gulf discovered that he was not pressured to promote himself as part of a couple. Instead, he was encouraged to be a brand ambassador for as many brands as he could handle, on his own. That's when Gulf realized that his life become a lot happier without people forcing him to have feelings with his co-actor in real life. He did, but that was a whole different story.

The waitress returned, interrupting their conversation, and they paused to order food. Mew offered to order for both of them, and Gulf simply nodded, secretly hoping that Mew still remembered his favorite dishes.

"We'll take two Course A, but I would like to change the meat to lobster. And I would like to add some shrimp to the pasta," Mew said after a few minutes.

Gulf knitted his eyebrows. Shrimp? Lobster? Did Mew forget that he was allergic to those?

"And then one Course B," Mew handed the menu back. Gulf shot a look at Mew. Mew knew that look and smiled.

"The other one is for you. Since you are allergic to seafood," Mew stated.

"But you ordered three, P," Gulf raised his right eyebrow.

"That is the real reason why I invited you here, Gulf," Mew said carefully.

"What do you mean, P?" Gulf felt his breath hitch.

"I wanted to introduce my future wife to you," Gulf felt his heart skip a beat.

"Why, P?" Gulf thought it must be a joke.

"I thought it might be nice for both of you to know each other," Mew smiled.

"I still don't understand, P. We never contacted each other for two years, and now you call me over to introduce your future wife? Do you even listen to yourself, P?" Gulf gradually became short of breath. He wasn't ready. He was never prepared his heart to see the woman who had stolen Mew's heart, especially face-to-face.

"I know, Gulf. I have been busy after the series, and it's all thanks to you as well. And since you were the biggest part of my career and my life before, I thought I should introduce you to her. The one who is the biggest part of my life now and in the future," Gulf could feel his hands shaking. He clenched his fists, trying to stop his hands from trembling.

"P, I—" Before Gulf could continue, the door opened.

"P'Mew!" a voice came from the door.

Gulf froze in his place. She was here.

"Babe," Mew stood up and hugged his fiancée. Gulf slowly stood up, but he couldn't bring himself to turn around. What if he broke down in front of them?

"Gulf, let me introduce the love of my life to you," Gulf took a deep breath before turning around. When he saw the woman, he stopped breathing for a moment.

"Gulf, this is Davikah, my future wife. Babe, this is Gulf, my co-actor,"

TBC