Part 11

Gulf sat in front of the couple, trying his best not to break down. It was hard to keep a straight face, but Gulf was an actor for a reason.

"It's been a while since I met you, N'Gulf," Davikah smiled.

"Yeah, P," Gulf forced a smile.

"Babe, I have told them to change the meat to lobster, your favorite," Mew held Davikah's hand.

"Aww, thank you. Such a gentleman," Davikah complimented, cupping Mew's cheek.

Gulf watched the conversation silently. He felt uncomfortable, but he couldn't show it in front of them. He didn't want to be there.

"Oh, Gulf. Before I forget, another reason why I asked you to come here is for this," Mew took an envelope from his bag and handed it to Gulf.

Gulf gulped, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was. He took the envelope and opened it.

It was a wedding invitation.

"Both of us would like you to be there for our important day," Mew intertwined his and Davikah's hands. They looked at Gulf, waiting for his response expectantly.

"Of course, P. I wouldn't miss it," Gulf showed his professional smile.

They ate dinner while catching up with each other. Mostly, Mew took care of Davikah while Gulf sat there, eating his food and trying not to throw up. There were a few moments when Mew put some of his food on Davikah's plate. If it were anyone else, they would think Mew and Davikah were a sweet couple. However, Gulf struggled to keep his smiles.

After dinner, Mew and Davikah left first as they wanted to spend time together.

"Thank you so much for coming, Gulf. Now I can sleep tight knowing you will come to my wedding," Mew hugged Gulf tightly.

Gulf couldn't bring himself to hug Mew back, so he just stood there. He stayed for half an hour before leaving the place. Gulf spaced out throughout the walk to the front door.

Just as Gulf reached the front door, he was stopped by someone.

"P'Kao," Gulf looked up, and Kao wore an unreadable expression.

"Let's go," Kao took Gulf's wrist and led him to his car. Gulf followed silently, unable to think in the moment. Everything was a blur to him.

Kao drove for 10 minutes in silence. When they arrived, Gulf looked up and realized they stopped in front of a beach.

"P..." Gulf turned his face towards Kao.

"This is a remote place. I've looked around, and there's no one here," Kao stated.

"Why-"

"Gulf... You can let it all out now. You're safe here," Kao showed a warm smile.

Gulf stared at Kao for a moment before his eyes became teary. Tears flowed down his soft cheeks. Kao hugged the younger man, sensing that he needed a hug. Gulf cried on Kao's chest, clenching his shirt. He let out all the sadness and frustration he had felt throughout the dinner in Kao's arms. Kao didn't say anything but continued to hug Gulf, rubbing his back to help him calm down.

After a few moments, Gulf slowly let go of Kao's shirt, and he stopped crying, although his sniffles could still be heard. Kao took it as a sign to release his embrace. Gulf returned to his seat, looking at his lap, trying to calm himself down.

"Here," Kao handed a handkerchief to Gulf. Gulf accepted it without a word, but the handkerchief stayed in his palm. After a few seconds of silence, Gulf finally spoke up.

"He introduced his future wife to me. H-He even gave me... gave me an invitation... t-to his wedding," Gulf wiped his tears.

Kao showed a shocked expression. How could Mew do that? Did he do it on purpose, or did he never notice Gulf's feelings for him? He must have noticed it before; he's a smart person, right? It was pretty obvious, actually. Anyone could see Gulf's genuine eyes when he stared at Mew. Gulf's actions revealed it all, whether behind or in front of the camera.

'I thought he was smart, but it turns out I'm wrong,' Kao thought.

Gulf started to breathe more steadily. He took a deep breath and looked up. Kao placed his hand above Gulf's hand. Gulf looked at Kao with teary eyes.

"Do you think I'm a crybaby, P? I was supposed to get over him after the holiday, but why am I still crying for him? I thought I could handle it, but when she arrived, I knew I couldn't. Why, P?" Gulf was desperate for answers. He wanted to know why his heart still hurt.

"Gulf, I never thought you were a crybaby. Instead, I realized you're a strong person," Kao answered truthfully.

"Strong?" Gulf had never considered himself a strong person, not after the incident. He felt anything but strong.

"Yes, you're brave. You're strong for letting go of your feelings. You're strong for hiding all your sadness from your family and friends just to show that you're fine. Even after all you've gone through, you've never shown it to people because you know they'll worry. You're strong for meeting Mew and his girl and still pulling yourself together in front of them. Those things require more than courage, Gulf. That's why, to me, you're a strong person," Kao spoke up.

"P..." Gulf was stunned. He never thought Kao saw him in that light.

"Gulf, maybe you're crying not for Mew, but for yourself. You've done all sorts of things, but you're the only one who's hurting. Your tears aren't for Mew, but for yourself," Kao looked straight into Gulf's eyes.

"P..." Gulf felt his heart beating fast.

"Let it all out, so you'll never have to cry in the future. I'll make sure you never have to cry again. I'm here for you, Gulf."

TBC