Then how am I living in this neighborhood without getting caught? Hah! Why do you think my parents keep making trips here and there. Why do you think I rarely get out of the house? Why do i always wear a mask and only come out during the late night?
I spent majority of my childhood with my so called grandparents and uncles and aunts. I was rarely at home and whenever i was, it was fucking toxic as hell. Like i said, i never had a normal childhood. My inner child was destroyed.

Now my attention was on the fact that Kyle's dad works for my dad. I had to sneakily get answers from him now.

"I see you work for STARSHINE CORPORATIONS sir, i heard it's a very huge company and quite successful too" I had no other way of starting up a conversation with him. If i kept asking about his son then it wouldn't end good.

"Yes dear I was lucky enough to get a job at such a prestigious company. Our boss Mr. Wilson is truly very kind hearted, In fact he gave me the job when we were struggling a lot, we moved to this country two years ago but it was very hard to find a job since my previous company where i worked went bankrupt" he stopped for a second and I patiently waited for him to continue his sentence.

"Moving to Washington was difficult for us both mentally and financially. With two kids, we were worried for their future too. But when I heard about this company, I knew it was my only shot and when i got the job, everything started to fall into place. We moved to this neighborhood after Kyle's admission was secured".

Still need more info
"If you don't mind, what company were you working for which went bankrupt?"

"Aah it was an IT company in Japan. We used to live there for my job. The stocks went down rapidly and we lost money and couldn't pay back the debts so it went bankrupt.

Shit now I can't ask anymore questions now. It will be suspicious if i do.

Suddenly Mrs. Smith spoke up.
"Sophia, you indirectly helped us a lot and we cannot thank you enough. It might not seem like a lot of help but we are really thankful for you". She said with so much love and gratitude. I felt numb. I have never received so much appreciation from anyone. It felt awfully refreshing and nice. But still this is not enough to know about Kyle. These people are hiding something. I need to know what before taking any help.

"Umm sophia? About the project thing, is it okay if you inform the teacher about Kyle's accident. We'll try our best to convince him from our end too" his mom said.

Is she serious right now? Who cares about the fucking project right now.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'm sure the professor will understand. I'll do the project by myself and write Kyle's name too" I said because that's exactly what i'll do. Yeah the credit is important but he is more important right now.
Both of them thanked me.

"I should get going now, if you don't mind please keep me updated on kyle's health too" I requested to them which they agreed too.

Soon i was out and....now what? Let's go home.

——————————————————————————

I was laying on my bed thinking once again. I didn't have classes for the next whole week so I had plenty of time to figure out the situation. I need Tyler's help right now. He is the only one who can help me. Pretty sure with what I've gathered, it can help him find out more about the Smiths.

I picked up my phone and clicked on his contact. Within seconds he picked up.

"Hello baby sis, what made you remember me?" Typical cocky brother.
"Hello to you too brother, I need your help".
"I'm pretty sure you don't need my help to break anyone's head cuz you are capable enough to do that aren't you?" He chuckled lightly at the end. I rolled my eyes.