Sokka sat up and grinned. "Aha, but you two learned it! You can teach us." he smiled optimistically.

"Yeah, I'm mastering every element. How hard can manners be?" Aang asked as he hopped off the banister and wrapped a brown drape around himself like a robe. "Good evening, Mr. Sokka Water Tribe, Miss Katara Water Tribe, Lord Momo of the Momo Dynasty. Your Momo-ness." At the title, Momo popped out from under a blanket and bowed his head.

"Avatar Aang, how you do, go on." Sokka encouraged Aang, using a funny voice. Aang bowed respectfully, followed by Sokka; the two boys continued to bow until their heads collided. Yan chuckled softly as they fell to the floor, rubbing their foreheads. She and Toph stood up as they walked over to Katara.

"Katara might be able to pull it off, but you two would be lucky to pass as busboys. The question is, where are we going to get outfits to disguise in?" Toph asked as she rubbed her chin in thought.

"Leave that to me. Stay here, I'll be right back. Make sure Aang and Sokka don't give each other concussions." Yan said as she pointed at Aang and Sokka. The girls glanced at each other before nodding. Yan crossed the room and exited the home, looking around before continuing down the lantern-lined street. As she walked in the direction of her home, she noticed that there were more people out on the street than usual; most likely guests heading to the Earth King's palace.

Knowing her parents were most likely busy in the tea shop, Yan took this opportunity to head toward her house. Looking around, she approached the side gate that led into the back garden and unlatched the hook. At her sudden appearance, her shirshu came bounding toward her excitedly; before he could pounce on top of her, Yan raised her hand and gave him a stern look to get him to relax. Once Xian had laid down at her feet, Yan grinned and scratched his head.

"Oh, my loving little beast! You have been behaving for my mother and father, yes? Now, you have to keep quiet; I can't have others knowing I am here. I wish I could stay here with you, but I have a new bigger mission now." she explained with a smile. Xian whined and huffed sadly at the news. "Don't give me that face, silly boy. We'll be back together again, I promise."

She kissed Xian's furry forehead and walked toward the back door; after ensuring no one was home, she opened the door and quietly crept inside. Yan wasted no time sneaking toward her bedroom, opening the wardrobe doors and pulling out two hanfu boxes from the top shelf. She inspected both outfits, using her eyes and guessing if they were the right size; she didn't want to spend too much time in her home and get caught, so she hurried out of the home after fixing everything. After briskly walking past Xian in the garden, Yan hurried down the street to walk back to the safe house.

"I come bearing gifts." she joked when she opened the door and stepped into the front room. Before Sokka could ask what was in the boxes, Yan nodded to the hallway. "Come on, ladies. Let's get you all dolled up and pretty." Katara grabbed Toph's hand and the three girls entered a separate room to change into their party outfits.

Katara opened one box and gasped at the outfit inside. "Wow, Yan, these are beautiful! Where did you get these?" she gasped as a wide smile crossed her lips. 

"Courtesy of my mother. She insisted I dress in these, plus she used to work in a hanfu shop, so she usually stocked up for different occasions. I hope I can get you both dressed in time; these were never my style. Alright, ladies. Let's start." she smiled as she placed her hands on her hips.

Katara volunteered first. Yan helped her out of her Water Tribe outfit, folding her tribal clothing in a neat square to store. She helped Katara dress in her fancy outfit which consisted of a sheer periwinkle long-sleeved blouse with small orchid designs and a blue and white skirt with white ties and pearls embellished in the fabric. After finishing with Katara, the two girls helped Toph dress; luckily, Toph's hanfu was much easier to put on with additional hands. Toph's hanfu wasn't as intricately designed with a pale yellow-green long-sleeved blouse and a Munsell-green skirt with darker green ties that were decorated with small lily pads and a pink lotus flower at the center of the top of the skirt.

"Yan, what about you? You only brought two hanfu." Katara suddenly realized as she pointed at Yan's clothes. The disguised earthbender girl shook her head and pointed at a vanity for Katara to sit at. Once Katara sat down, Yan began to help her with her hair.

"I made a secret vow to never wear a hanfu ever again. They are beautiful, yes, but they just don't fit me as a person. I only put up with them to please my mother. Hm, let's  see about your hair; getting you two dressed was easy, but your hair might be a little too difficult for me. Let's see, I'll try something and hope it looks presentable." she said as she began to undo Katara's braid. As they were getting ready, the girls giggled and gossiped about silly things. Yan came to learn that Toph came from a wealthy family, so getting dressed fancy was nothing new to her. 

"So your mother would use her earthbending to mix dyes? Why didn't I ever think of that?" Toph asked as Yan finished up with her hair. For Toph's hair, Yan decided to use a simple approach that wouldn't break her fingers; she used two ties to separate Toph's long hair into two buns at the back of her head and added two additional loops below the buns.

"It is interesting, isn't it? She's very talented in her craft. To tell you the truth, I don't think she would ever use her abilities for fighting; it's probably why she disproved how I act half the time. She'd have a fit if she saw me now." Yan chuckled, tapping Toph's shoulder to let her know she was done. "Okay, Katara, you're next and then I am done here. I'll let you two do your own makeup because I will end up making you look like clowns if you put a brush in my hand."

Katara's hair proved to be a challenge that Yan nearly gave up on. After going through multiple combs and ties, she finally managed to put Katara's hair into an elaborate bun that caused her fingers and hands to cramp while she was styling her thick hair. To complete the look, she placed decorative pins into the girls' hair, a sigh of exhaustion filling the room.

"Alright, I'm done here. You two can finish." Yan sighed as she blew a strand of hair out of her eyes. Katara hugged her as thanks and Yan stepped out of the room to let them finish. She leaned against the door before joining Sokka and Aang in the sitting room. The boys didn't notice her as they played a game.

"Rock! Ha! Rock beats fire, Sokka!" Aang cheered as he flicked Sokka on the forehead. Yan chuckled and sat beside the boys, waiting for the girls to come out. Before Aang could ask whether she wanted to play or not, Katara and Toph emerged from the hallway, fully dressed and decorated. Yan noticed that Aang was staring at Katara for longer than normal.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Aang smiled with a faint blush, Sokka flicking him on the side of the head. Before Katara could thank Aang, Toph held her open fan up to stop her.

"Don't talk to the commoners, Katara. First rule of society." she reminded the Water Tribe girl. Katara nodded, folding her fan and placing her hands in front of her; she still mouthed a thank you in Aang's direction, though.

"We'll get in the party and then find a way to let you in through the side gate." she smiled at the remaining trio as she and Toph walked to the door and exited the home. Sokka, Yan, and Aang waited a few minutes before they began to walk to the door. Before they walked out, Yan turned to the boys.

"Alright, boys. Let's gatecrash a party." she grinned mischievously. Her gaze moved to the floor when she watched Momo walk past her, the drape still hanging off his shoulders as a distant gong rang.