"The Upper Ring is a bit smaller so finding your uncle should be easy. First, I'm sure you're hungry or thirsty. There's a tea shop nearby if you want to go there. I don't have any money on me, but the owner is very nice and usually gives me a free drink whenever I ask him." Yan suggested. Zuko nodded and followed her as she walked down the street. He noticed that the Upper Ring had more guards walking around than the Lower Ring or Middle Ring. The Middle Ring had a few guards around but not as many as here while the Lower Ring had slim to none. They would have to be careful and not draw any attention to themselves.

"You two. The boy in the green robe walking with the boy in the cone hat." Yan turned when she heard a Fire Nation soldier call. Zuko kept his head low as the soldier approached; so much for not drawing any attention. He stood behind Yan as she crossed her arms in annoyance.

"May we help you... sir?" she huffed, her anger already brewing. If it wasn't already obvious, Yan did not care for the Fire Nation soldiers that roamed around Ba Sing Se. She made it her mission to avoid them at all costs; this, however, wasn't her lucky day.

"Do you have your passports, boy?"

"Yes, we do. We are citizens of the Middle Ring."

"Show them to me."

Yan sighed in exasperation and pulled out a small green card with black writing on it, pushing it into the soldier's face before pocketing it. When she turned to leave, the soldier grabbed her upper arm. Zuko's hands balled into fists; although he had his gripes about Yan, he knew better than to put his hands on her. Besides, her threat of crushing him under a boulder still repeated in his mind. He knew she had military training and could easily defend herself against someone bigger than her.

"What about his passport? And why are you carrying a sword? Civilians aren't allowed to have weapons here in the Upper Ring."

Yan bit her lip as she desperately thought of a lie; this wasn't good! If they found out Zuko was, well, Zuko, everything would be ruined! She stuttered and stumbled over her words, chuckling nervously as she tried to come up with an excuse to both the soldier's questions.

"Ah, there you two are! I have been looking everywhere for you! Sir, these youths are my employees who work at my tea shop. This young man was delivering this sword to a customer, which is why he has it." the familiar voice of Mushi said. Yan sighed in relief as the soldier released her arm. She sent a smile at the old man and they were escorted away.

Not before she stuck her tongue out at the rude soldier and flipped up her middle finger while he looked at her dumbfoundedly.

"You're lucky I was nearby, Yan," Mushi whispered in the earthbender girl's ear. He led her and Zuko into the Jasmine Dragon and took them to a table in the corner, ordering them to sit.

"Mushi, how did you know it was me? Wait, we'll answer that later. We need to speak with you right away," Yan said quickly but the old man was already off to serve them tea. Yan sighed and laid her head on her arm. Sweat beaded her forehead as she calmed her beating heart down.

"God, I thought we were screwed." she groaned as she rubbed her eyes. She took in deep breaths as her mind continued to swirl. As she shut her eyes for a minute, Mushi came back around with a tray with two teacups.

"Here you are, Yan. I brought you ginger tea for your nerves. Where have you been? Your parents came here a few weeks ago with a letter that you wrote and asked me if you were here. They have been worried since you suddenly disappeared." he scolded as he pulled an extra chair to the table and sat down.

"I will explain later, Mushi, but we really need to talk with you," Yan said hurriedly. Mushi noticed the man who was sitting across from Yan and raised a brow.