8: What words can cause

..

I am half awake with my eyes still closed as I realize how warm and safe I feel. Without even realizing what's happening, I snuggle up into Tom. As I start waking up more In hear soft music playing and a couple or whispering voices. The thing that shocked me the most was the hand playing with my hair.

"good morning." I look up at the boy above me and smile at his greeting.

After a few minutes of just laying there trying to wake up all the way, I sit up and grab my phone scrolling through twitter. Everything is normal until I see that Wil had posted a picture of Tom and I passed out in each others arms.

I tap Tommy's arm and show him. He grabs his phone quickly and opens twitter and comments "come on man that's top secret stuff." I laugh at it and reply, "not so top secret with 7 other people in the same car."

"Glad to see you're awake." Wilbur turns around and whispers to me after getting a notification. I smile and flip him off, but save the picture to my camera roll anyway.

About an hour later everyone is awake and Phil announces we will be at the rental house in about 4 hours. We all cheer in response, excited to see our friends, and excited to shower. Seriously the van smells awful.

"Rooms are two people each, so pick your poison."

"I call Toby!" Ran yells.

"I'm already rooming with Nick we talked about it." Bill says next. Obviously Wil and Nikki would be sharing along with Kristen and Phil so that left Tom and I.

"Uhh I don't know how I feel about Y/n and Tommy sharing." Phil says in a fatherly tone.

"Oh they'll be fine they're both almost adults anyway." Kristen backs us up.

Four hours later we pull up to a huge two story house white house with a six car garage left open showing off the two cars inside. "Well they beat us here."

We all get out and stretch immediately as the other 4 guys come running out of the house and smothering us all in hugs, not even bothering to close the door behind them.  We all say our hellos and grab our luggage and head inside.

"Welcome home ya'll" Karl smiles, "All the bedrooms are upstairs and each has its own bathroom so you don't have to worry about that. In the back there is a pool, hot tub, trampoline, and a shed with surf boards and paddle boards." All of our eyes light up "Go get settled and meet back down here in an hour for lunch?" Karl finishes. We all agree and run upstairs.

Eventually after lots of bickering, Tom and I find a room we feel fit to claim ours. It is a huge room with two full size beds, a walk in closet, a his and hers bathroom, fire place, and balcony that looks right out to the pool in the back yard.

In awe, I set my things down and sit on the bed closest to the door while admiring the room around me. Tom face plants onto the bed beside me in a starfish position.

"i'm never going on a road trip again." he whines into the pillow.

"Oh come on it wasn't that bad."

"I slept like shit." He whines yet again.

"oh. yeah. sorry about that you could've moved me off of you." I say blushing a bit.

"No its not that, you're actually a really good cuddler, I just can't sleep in the car for the life of me." I turn a deeper shade of red and lay down next to him.

"Tom?" I ask.

"hm" his face is still in the pillow, how he can still breathe, I have no idea.

"last night, with the thunder and all," He finally turns over and looks at me, "why did you instantly want to help? You know you didn't have to right?"

"Uh well I guess I understand how you felt and you're one of my closest friends so why wouldn't I?" He concludes.

Friends. Why did that word hurt all of a sudden. It felt as though there was a shovel in my chest ready to dig at any moment. I know we're friends, so why does it hurt this bad.

"Y/n?" Tommy sits up and wipes a tear off my cheek that I didn't even know was there. "Are you ok?"

"uh yeah, we should probably head down for dinner now." I say fixing my demeanor and walking down without another word. I could feel the questions radiating off of Tom but I didn't give it any mind.

We are the last ones downstairs and everyone is ready to go. "You guys down for mexican?" Clay asks grabbing his keys, we all agree and head out to the garage. Dream, George, Nick, and Karl in one, Wil, Nikki, Tubbo, Ran, and Bill in one, and Kristen, Phil, and apparently Tommy in the last. I decide to go in Sap's car because I know I can vibe there.

"Thought you'd wanna go with Tommy or Ran Y/n." Sapnap says as he backs out of the driveway.

"just thought I could use a change of scenery that's all." I respond and he nods led by the windows rolling down and the music turned up. I look out the window letting the cool ocean breeze hit my face as I throw myself back into deep thought.

Why am I so upset about him saying that we're friends? We are friends. Besides Ran, and Nikki, he knows the most about me. I trust him. He is my friend, if not my best friend. So why am I so upset about it. I try to calm down by thinking about being in his arms again like last night and it helped. His body surrounding me with safety and care. And then the thought of this morning, looking up and the first thing I see are his beautiful blue eyes. Then I remember the picture.

I pick my phone up from next to me and unlock it to look at the photo. I zoom in and admire his face and the way we both look so peaceful. Shit. I open texts and go to Nikki's contact immediately.

"Nikki.... we have a problem." She quickly responds.

"What's up are you ok?"

"Uh no. I think I might like Tom..."

"OMG ARE YOU FR?!"

"i think."

We pull up to the restaurant and see Nikki standing by Wil. She grabs my wrist and announces "We gotta go to the bathroom be right back."

We get to the bathroom before she locks the door behind us so nobody else could get in unless they has a key.

"Y/n. Explain."

"um I think i might like Tom Simons....."

..

1152 Words

WE'RE BAAAACKKK!