Enternity in our harbour

The clock kept ticking in the background and was only faintly audible. Maybe if one really put the focus on the tone.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The dazzling morning sun shone through the silky fabric of the curtains, fluttering gently. The window was slightly open, fresh air, smelling of spring and flowers, and warmth flooded into the room.

The bed, directly under the window, was covered with cotton pillows, white and recently laundered, still smelling of detergent. The good kind, the kind that could remind you of your childhood.

And under all this softness and warmth and comfort, two people of very different minds and opinions were drawn together. Arms wrapped around the body of the other, feeling the warmth and softness of bare skin and all the emotions. Even though it was quiet, except for the morning birds outside. Neither of them spoke. Just breathing softly and smiling and drifting off into nice, friendly thoughts. And while all this peace and love and comfort was so great, one of them dared to open his eyes just a little to look at the other. Full of love and passion and not a single emotion of hate. There was nothing negative in their minds when they were together, for how could there be anything negative when they loved each other so much? How could everything be so perfect?

"Yaba?"

A sharp voice rang through and the perfect painting in Yaba's head vanished into fine dust. Once again he could hear the demanding voice piercing his mind, and though he wanted to stay in the world of tranquility and purity, he ventured to open his eyes.

He was greeted by Banda leaning over his face, blueish-black hair dangling down, cold eyes staring at him. Anyone else would have been frightened, but why, when this was the image Yaba thought he could only picture in his dreams?

"Get up. What are you smiling at, huh?"

Yaba slowly sat up, brushing back his slack black hair before straightening up. The younger man's brief stare, prompted by Yaba sleeping shirtless, didn't go unnoticed by the older one. But he didn't pay it any mind.

"Just a nice dream. Haven't you ever experienced such things?"

Yaba asked as he slipped on his shirt and shoes. The night was surprisingly pleasant. He didn't have to sleep through anxiety or uneasiness. His dream was beautiful. Maybe even more than that. To be honest, it would have been nice if it wasn't just a dream.

Hell, what are these thoughts even? Just because there's sex doesn't mean there's potential for a romantic relationship. Stop being so delusional.

The Taller's thought process was interrupted by the harsh and fast footsteps of Banda, who left the room in a flash.
Yaba had no idea what to do, so he just shrugged and followed the younger man downstairs.

"Surprisingly, the city is cleaner now. It seems like the wilderness is vanishing again."

Banda muttered as he descended the stairs, bouncing on the steps as he watched the windows. And Yaba did the same when he heard the other one speaking.

To his own surprise, it was true, the shattered, overgrown city seemed to look a little more normal again. Yaba found it odd in many ways, but he didn't dare to question it. Since the world they were in was strange in itself, he just took it as a nice thing, the dirty buildings and plants everywhere bugged him in the first place.

By the time they reached the end of the stairs, the two of them were standing in the lobby of the hotel. To their surprise, the black marble floor was shining clean again, which made Yaba feel a little better. Dirt wasn't his thing. He liked things neat and tidy and in pure perfection if at all possible.