The Fall...

The Bounty continued flying towards the NGTV building, where the distress signal was sent. 

Nya: How much farther to that distress call?

She asked Zane, who was standing next to the computer with Alex and Delta, both busy making tea for the newly rescued civilians. 

Zane: Should be approaching it now?

Cole: I don't see it.

He said as he squinted his eyes over to the building but saw nothing. Until Kai pointed to where the building was at, the tall tower being surrounded by the Dark cloud. 

Kai: There! That's gotta be it!

Nya: That's the Ninjago News Center.

Cole: I guess they didn't evacuate in time.

Nya: I'll bring us in over the rooftop. You guys, get them out of there before the clouds swallow the entire building.

She said as she moved the Bounty to the rooftop of the tower as Jay and Cole stood on the edge of the deck until it got close. 

Jay: Come on, Cole!

He shouted before he and Cole rushed over to the ropes and climbed down. And inside the tower, Gayle was busy typing up her final words on a computer as the rest of the trapped civilians watched in fear as the dark cloud slowly crept towards them. 

Gayle: "As the black cloud of destruction grows ever closer, surrounding us on all sides, this intrepid reporter vows to stay at her desk and bring you the news until the bitter end." Hmm. "Tragic end?" "Terrible end?"

She stopped in mid type as the crowd of civilians started to laugh and cheer excitedly as they saw the Bounty. 

Gayle: Would you guys keep it down? I'm about to go on air!

Vinny: It's the ninja! They're here! We're being rescued! Come on, we got to get to the roof!

He shouted excitedly before he and the rest of the civilians rushed towards the rooftop as Gayle groaned, closing her laptop. 

Gayle: Great. Now I have to rewrite this whole thing.

She grumbled as she followed her cameraman to the rooftop as Cole and Jay arrived on the roof to rescue them. 

Cole: Hey, folks, need a lift?

Vinny: Boy, are we glad to see you guys! Thanks!

Jay gestured for the people to climb up the ladder. 

Jay: Our pleasure! Mind your step now.

As the people climbed, Cole noticed that the darkness started making their way towards them. 

Cole: Uh, a little quicker, folks?

Jay: Creepy black vines closing in!

Gayle: You should know, you just ruined a heck of a broadcast.

She huffed angrily and climbed the ladder as Cole was annoyed. 

Cole: What? 

Jay jumps on the ladder as the darkness reaches them. Cole screams and jumps on the ladder.

Jay: Okay, Nya! Get us out of here!

Nya: You got it!

She shouted as she weaved through the people and started up the engine. She pulls the thrust lever up, making the thrusters point backwards. But Cole was still on the ropes as he saw the thrusters aimed at him. 

Cole: Uh oh! 

The thruster starts up, blowing him off the ladder. The ship goes backwards and he screams. He was able to grab on to the ladder, but one end on a step of the ladder snapped. He hangs on the ladder upside down, bouncing into things. Jay looked over the edge of the deck and saw Cole dangling on the rope.