• The visit •

9:17am, Glams Study

I was sat at my desk in my dimmed office, staring at Ches's number on my phone.

"If you won't talk to me, at least talk to Ches. He should know."

Victoria's words have been circling my head. She's right though, Ches and I have known each other for decades and he's always been the one to listen about my problems. Maybe I should give him a call, I could always trust him to never shame me for anything.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Wassup, Glam? What's with the sudden call?"

"Hey, Chive. Would you be able to come and talk with me?"

"Yeah sure, what's going on?"

"I- uhm.. it's just something Victoria and I were bickering about this morning." I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh alright then uhh, I'll be over in a second. See ya zombie." He hung up the phone.

I place my phone in my pocket and take a deep breathe in, to when I suddenly hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I demanded.

I watch as Heavy walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Hey Dad? Uhm, I just had a question."

"What's wrong, Heavy? I question, raising an eyebrow.

"Well.. I wanted to know why you and mum keep fighting. Is something going on?" He fidgeted with his fingers as he spoke.

"Everything is fine, Heavy. Your mother and I aren't fighting at all." I give a small smile while talking.

"Then why do yous keep yelling? Mum looked very worried this morning."

I stand from my chair and walk towards him, suggesting with my hands for Heavy to leave.

"We just uh, need to talk about a couple things but right now isn't the time. Nothing to be concerned about. Now, I'm just about to get some things done so I need to ask you to leave." I slowly open the door for him.

"If you're sure.. bye dad." He looked at me once more just before I shut the door.

I start walking back to my seat while pushing my hair back with my hand, followed with a sigh. I noticed my old violin in the corner, stood in a glass box. I stop in my tracks and stare at it while thinking.

"..should I?"

It's been a couple years since I've played the violin. Last time I had played was the day I met Victoria. Ches and I were left behind by our band, so with nothing else to do we decided to play. That was such a special day.. a day I'll never forget. I've learnt to come to peace with my violin, even if it holds such horrid memories.

I began walking towards the violin while rethinking if I should or not, a mix of good and bad experiences flooded my brain. I had completely forgotten my surroundings and where I was in this moment as I unboxed my violin and held it in position. I close my eyes and begin to play an old classic, Beethoven.

I stood tall as I let my hands roam with the melody, facing my back to the door. In this very moment, I don't have a care in the world. Music has always been a special part of my life. Creating it, preforming it, enduring it. No matter what form, I love it. I feel a strong passion for it, experiencing its tunes filled my brain with such joys, I'll never be able to shake away the feeling. If I had a chance to let everyone in this small world feel music the way I did, I would do it in a heartbeat.
————————————