7

To be honest, she doesn't remember how long its been since she woke up. It could be a year. Probably a few.

What she does know, however... is that this sucks.

"Clean it properly!" 

She was tempted to click her tongue, but... her master would whip her or something. 

How did she go from murderer of the stars to slave? Oh, that's right. The stupid abilities reducer forced around her neck. If she had just woken up sooner, none of this would have happened! Who knew they had devices like this?

Obviously, she did not!

"Argh!" A blade stabbed into her neck as she attempted to fight back against the man who'd enslaved her. He had cowered in fear from her just a moment ago when she'd gripped that knife, but now...

"Trying to scare me like that..." He grumpily muttered. "Get outta here! Go get the wine! Now!"

"Tch!" She kicked a nearby garbage in anger, then cursed as the collar shocked her. This was stupid! She should be out exploring right now, not serving some royal pig!

Before entering the bar, Aridam crouched down in an alleyway just to sort out her thoughts. 

She greatly missed fighting, as well as the crew... and all of the emotional pain she'd begun to feel while enslaved had begun to teach her. Fine, she deserved this fate after killing so many people whether they were innocent or not, she could accept that.

It just still... felt unfair for some reason.

And now all those lesson Rayleigh had spent trying to teach her how to have basic empathy were working. They all made sense now, and...

"Miss?" A little boy walked over to her, a green flower in hand. He stretched out his trembling hand, very obviously scared of the random lady crouched in the alleyway. And yet, he still confronted her.

She smiled a little. "For me?"

He nodded as a blush dusted across his cheeks. "It reminded me of your hair, so..."

She took the flower, ignoring the fact that the past her would have immediately thrown it away. But as the boy ran away she found herself clinging to the flower, the only act of kindness she'd received in years.

Aridam grew up with everything. Wealth, fame, power. She was practically worshipped in her home land.

She had everything.

Everything but family. Everything but happiness and fulfillment, the only important things in life. This is all so... frustrating.

Standing and hiding the flower in her bra, Aridam entered the bar and was greeted kindly by the bartender. He called out her name and told her to wait a minute while he retrieved her order. She nodded and sat down on the stool patiently.