𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐈𝐕.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

MO'HANA

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

SA'NINE AHANO WAS NOT always so cruel. There was a time in her life when she was a kind and loving Na'vi. But that woman died when her village burned down and her husband was slayed.

Her daughter was too rebellious to be controlled. After all the world had taken from them, the two had grown with their own coping methods. Mo'hana became untamed and angry at the world and Sa'nine became cold and loveless towards her daughter. She wanted to ensure the survival of her people. Her daughter was being anything but helpful.

Mo'hana had never gotten along perfectly with her mother to begin with. They looked exactly a like but held different interests. It was her father, As'sahi that the girl had always bonded with more. It was something her and her mother shared in common, their love for As'sahi. 

Her father always took her side, always protected her and allowed her to do what she loved. But Mo'hana had grown to be miserable after she father's death. No real love or support from her grieving mother and a new set of rules that came with the new clan. A loss of freedom from voyaging and a betrothal that was forced upon her. 

She did not care for much things, but the longer she'd delayed over the years, the more unforgiving her mother became was the woman spiraled without the support of her mate. Mo'hana never listened to her mother until she resorted to violence.

And then that was the cycle they fell into, driving Mo'hana further from her mother at every chance. 

That night was no different when her mother grabbed her by her Queue braid and forced her into the pod hut. "How dare you." Sa'nine snarled as she pushed Mo'hana, hard enough that the girl almost tripped. "I told you to stay, you do not, and then I find you with one of the demon blooded freaks."

"He is not demon blooded-" Mo'hana spoke in defend but Sa'nine whipped around and put a finger up, make Mo'hana close her mouth and take a step back. 

"His father's 'former' people destroyed our homes and ruined out lives do not tell me anything different."  

"The Sully's did not reck our homes, M'ma!" 

Thwack. 

Her mother's thick tale whipped the girl's side hard enough to sting, the weight of the hit made it feel like she'd been punched and whipped at the same time. Mo'hana felt immediately nauseous and she whimpered quietly and doubled over, hugging her side. Involuntary tears stung in the corners of her eyes as she bit her teeth as to not let a cry out.