𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐈.

***MAJOR AVATAR 2 SPOILERS!!!

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

MO'HANA

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

SHE IS THE GIRL who you will find standing by the ocean with the sun in her eyes and a smile like a love song rising from the sea. She sits at the edge of the ocean just to think as she watches waves break. She's done that more so as she's gotten older and they way life has thrown so much at her. 

Because the ocean was the place where shallow ends and deep begins.

For her, the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the village you should see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair and the smell of infinite salt on her skin. 

The ocean was everything she wanted to be. Beautiful. Mysterious. Wild. And free. So free. Freer than she could ever hope to be. 

She loved being submerged in salty waters, lying on her back against the sea floor, watching everything around her. She could hold her breath longer than any other Metkayina could. She held special within the clan, for she was to marry into this new clan. She came from another water tribute which had merged with the current. In order to bridge the tribes, she was to be the mate of Tonowari's eldest son. 

But Mo'hana Ahano did not seek a mate. She did not seek a family or responsibility. She wanted to hunt and be a warrior, not a baby producer. She held no love for Ao'nung who was to be the next Olo'eyktan and she seeked no marriage of any kind. 

So she took cover under the waves. Earlier that day, she'd argued with her mother. Her father had died, giving up his Olo'eyktan title to Tonowari's so he may lead their people. Her father's death had left her with a smothering mother who demanded she mate. 

She refused.

And now she hid under the water, hoping not to be found. 

But it was on that day that a strange collections of shadows would pull her from the water. They looked almost like birds but were much too large. Her curiosity got the best of her and she sat up, swimming her way to the surface. 

She's met by noise on the surface. Horns were blown to signify intruders. Or possibly visitor, though, these visitors came by air. 

"Mo'hana." A voice called her name from behind. She turned to see the beautiful (princess) Tsireya riding towards her on her ilu. "Come." She ushered, offering her a hand. Mo'hana took her hand and mounted the back of the ilu before the girls rode over to shallow waters where the flying newcomers had landed.