eating disorder (irondad angst)

Start from the beginning

"Friday, what's his weight..?" He asked nervously. He just looked to skinny. It was scary.

"Peter is critically underweight and malnourished, he is currently sitting at 90 lbs, sir." Friday answered.

Tony's eyes widened.

90 pounds.

'How is he functioning?' Tony wondered as Peter began to blink awake fully, his face pale and his hands shaking.

"Hey kid, alright, easy does it." Mr. Stark said, kneeling down in his jeans and AC/DC Tshirt as he helped Peter sit up.

"Sorry about that, I don't know what came over me." Peter said nervously, feeling how shaky his whole body was, "can I get a bottle of water? I think Im dehydrated."

"I think that you haven't eaten yet today." Tony said, staring right at Peter, thinking he was seeing everything. Thinking Peter's family couldn't afford sufficient groceries and now his body was eating away at itself to get the right nutrients with his enhanced metabolism.

The boy faltered at his mentor's confidence, "I have."

"Look, kid, is money an issue? I can help get you food. Easy, you need to eat more than this, this is not healthy." Tony said softly, "let me help you guys out if you need it."

Peter moved to hug his stomach underneath his baggy shirt insecurely. It would never be enough. He had this omnipresent need to watch the numbers on the scale go down. He wanted to watch it drop and drop and drop.

He didn't have an end goal in mind.
He kinda just wanted to feel better. He really just really wanted a break from his own head.

"Look, let's get you something to eat, okay? Then we can go work on your suit. Friday, take us up to the penthouse." Tony directed before Peter could protest.

"No, Mr. Stark, I am fine. Really. I'm not hungry." He said, but his stomach rumbled and broke his lie.

"Why are you lying to me, Pete?" Tony asked, "you aren't being an inconvenience. Everyone needs food."

It took everything in Peter not to start crying or burst into angry yelling. If took everything to contain his feels and lie.

"I just don't want to waste your time." He said, his eyes welling up with tears because on top of everything else this was true too.

"You aren't wasting my time, bud. Let's get some food in you and then you can go on patrol, mkay? It's gonna feel great, you're gonna be so energized with some proper food in you." Tony explained, happy he was going to help the kid.

------

Peter stood by a dumpster and gagged himself, forcing the sandwich he'd eaten out of him. After he finished throwing up his dinner, he wiped his mouth, then pulled on his suit, popping a mint in his sour mouth as he did so.

Lately he'd noticed he had lost a lot of hair. His previously brown, curly locks had become threateningly thin and his nails were brittle.

When he got into his suit, Karen spoke to him.

"Peter, you are severely malnourished." She told him for the 70th time. She said if everytime he put on his suit.

And he responded with the same thing he always did, "yeah I know. Don't tell Mr. Stark, I'm handling it."

And everytime she complied. But this time she said something different.

"Peter, your weight is 90 pounds." Karen said, emotion programmed into her voice. He was falling, fast, and the AI sounded genuinely concerned.