"Calm down. I'll let you figure it out then. Just make sure there's something." He chuckles softly, putting a finger to your mouth to emphasise the shush.

"Mhm! Then you get the last one." You nod, grinning.

"I think I already have an idea. What's happening at the end of this anyway?" He asks you, like the thought just dawned on him. You swear he just went along with whatever you said and asked questions later.

"I'll decide whether I hate you or love you." You say casually.

"Oh." He replies shortly, sounding slightly less relaxed now. You just shrug and flop back down on his shoulder. You could worry about that later Nightmare sir, right now was cuddle time.

Nightmare wasn't late as always, in fact he was knocking on your rotting wooden door on the dot. Made you wonder if he was waiting out there or something. He probably wasn't. Probably.

"Hey. You excited?" He gave you a little wave, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"No. Not at all. I want my old house back." You frown, voicing pretty much all you'd thought about all morning in 3 sentences.

"Great. How are we planning on getting there?" He sighed, smile dropping as he lingered in the doorway.

" Horseback- How do you think? Taxi." You say, sarcasm in your voice.

"Seriously? You sure you don't want to go on horseback?" He jokes, an uneasy smile finding its way on his face this time. It was funny how well you could read this man sometimes. He was wary of you today.

"I can't drive a horse. Nor do I own one." You tell him, messing with your fingers.

"You ride a horse. Don't drive a horse." He corrects.

"I drive a horse." You inform, making sure he is educated. He needed to know not to correct you.

"Good to know." He smiles awkwardly. "You know half the time I can't tell if you're really stupid or just strange."

"It's one of the great mysteries of the multiverse." You shrug, calling a taxi. They say that they'll be here in 10 minutes, so you just let Nightmare in and sit on the bed. "We got ten minutes." He sighs and comes in, just sort of standing awkwardly like he didn't know what to do next. You gesture for him to sit next to you and he does, still being awkward. "I don't bite. Usually. No need to be so scared of sitting next to me."

"I'm not scared." He said casually, acting anything but casual.

"You might be able to taste fear, but I can smell it." You giggle, him loosening up a little. "It's not that hard, just make small talk. Ask me a dumb question that doesn't have meaning behind it or something."

"What would you do if you did something illegal?" He smirked, studying your face carefully to make sure you didn't lie.

"I'd flee to Mexico probably. Then Ruby would know where to find me." You shrug, forgetting he wasn't in on the joke.

"What?" There it was. Complete with full confusion.

"It's a thing. She said it after... You know. It wasn't meant to be a joke, she just blurted it out. It was like, the only thing that made me laugh for the next year, so now it's a joke between us that if we ever get separated by an illegal act we'll find each other in Mexico." You smile. Too bad Ruby fucked up. You knew you were going to re-befriend her, there's no way you wouldn't, but it really wouldn't be any time soon.

"That's actually adorable." He chuckled, a faint blush on his face.

"Thanks for finding humour in my misery Nightmare." You huff, folding your arms and pouting dramatically.