Chp 50

Notes:

The hell!? Chapter 50 already??? It feels a lot less than that. If you're binge reading this when it's completed, say hi in the comments. I want to know how many chapters this thing ends up as. I'm pretty sure it's the longest Nightmare x Reader on Ao3 right now. Do with that information what you will. Anyway... Thank you all so much for supporting me on this journey! You are all perfect and should be proud of yourselves for reading something. A lot of people just don't read. Even if it's a poorly written Nightmare x Reader, me and Nightmare are both proud of you for reading things. Good job. I'll give you a hug if you ever meet me. With that out of the way... Enjoy<3

"How am I supposed to be normal?! Y/n's right, you are a shitty brother. I could never be good enough for you, could I?" Nightmare shouts, tentacles sharpening as he steps forward. You sit down on the pavement, just watching this unfurl.

"Just be nice to people!" Dream shouts back, saying it like it was obvious.

"You say that. You always say that. I tried. I tried to be nice to people. I still wasn't good enough for you. You didn't want a quiet brother. You didn't want one that preferred to read in the sun rather than go play by the lake. People took advantage of that, I told you, you ignored me." Nightmare ranted, facepalming.

"I-I didn't ignore you..." Dream stuttered, getting upset. He deserved it.

"Kepp lying to yourself. I told you, I had proof, an hour later you were out playing with them again. You're a traitor who hates his own brother." Nightmare spits.

"No I'm not!" He cried out, putting his bow away. "I-I don't hate you!"

"Dream. You're trying to hurt someone and kidnap her just because I'm in love with her. You can't just be happy for me can you? As soon as I get something good you have to have it or you have a hissy fit." Nightmare sighed in an explanitory tone. He seemed disappointed.

"Y-You're lying..." He whimpered in response, not finding himself able to say anything else.

"No I'm not. You're just a terrible sibling. You need to grow up." Nightmare spat, looking down on Dream with nothing but hate in his eye. You'd never seen him look at anyone like that.

"It's not fair!" Dream whined, the first golden tear rolling down his face. It was actually rather pretty, made you wonder what colour Nightmare's tears were.

"There you go again, having a toddler tantrum. Stars Dream, I don't know why I even bother having conversations with you." Nightmare sighed, turning back around to come to you. "Lets go." He said quietly, helping you up from your spot on the floor and taking you through a portal. You look back at the mess that has been dubbed Dream, and can't help feeling a little sorry for him. You could relate to being a lonely crying mess on the floor. You only get a glance before you're back in the castle, the dark still startling you.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" Nightmare mumbled, leaning against a wall with his tentacles flicking furiously behind him, fanned out almost like a peacock's feathers.

"No." You replied simply, being able to tell he was in a foul mood. "Can you help me move out?"

"To where though?" He sighs, the frustration being replaced by concern for a brief moment. "I'm not having you be homeless. Just pick somewhere."

"I have literally nowhere to go except my parents'. And I'm not going anywhere near that town." You mumble, feeling the hopelessness settle in again. It was like a cold chill you could feel straight to your bones, biting into them like ice.

"So, your options are here, your hometown or a hotel somewhere until you can get a house." Nightmare lists off closing his eye briefly.

"Yup. That sounds about right." You exhale, sitting on the floor with your hands rested on your knees. "And I am homeless as of now. I don't have a home, no one likes me except my ex-boyfriend and his employees, half the multiverse wants to kidnap me and Ruby pulled the murderer card on me. How the fuck has my life done this in a matter of what, just short of 4 months?" You laugh in an almost unhinged way, but that's nothing new.