Chapter 2 & 3: Start of Winter & Game of Winter

Chapter 2: Start of Winter.

Jimin just got off the bus when he received a phone call from Ari. He picked it up immediately, smiling widely.

"Hey!

"You're at work already?"

"I just got off the bus. What happened?"

Ari hesitated a little.

"Nothing, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to do something for my birthday."

Jimin's heart skipped a bit.

"I thought that was a given. What would you like?"

"I didn't ask you before, because you're a little stressed with the new job these last weeks."

"We can do whatever you want. It's your day."

He reassured her, starting to pant from walking. Taehyung's mansion was 10 minutes away from the bus stop.

"I'd be satisfied if we just went out to dinner or a movie."

She responded and Jimin bit his lip.

"We can do both."

"We can? Are you sure you'll be free that day? You got home too late yesterday."

She mumbled, and Jimin picked the irony in her voice.

"I told you. I fell asleep at the office last night, causing me to miss the bus."

He protested and heard Ari laughing from the other end of the line.

"I'm surprised he didn't fire you after that. You're so untrustworthy."

Jimin huffed.

"Hey. I'm consistent with my commitments. I've already read a huge amount of the books he assigned me okay?"

"Okay okay."

Ari laughed and went on.

"....just imagine his face when he walked into the office and saw you there, lying like a corpse over the book that you were supposed to read. Seeing you like that, he must have thought you were bored to death, so you decided to sleep, rather than finish it. Wow, what a shame."

Now Ari was trying to restrain herself from laughing and Jimin felt his body temperature rise even more.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work right now? Why are you wasting time on the phone?"

He scolded her and Ari suddenly got serious.

"I'm on break if you must know."

She retorted and Jimin smiled.

"And you decided to spend your precious time on me? How sweet."

A moment's silence from the other end of the line convinced Jimin that his girl friend at this moment must have been red with embarrassment. That satisfied him.

"When are you arriving? Are you still walking?"

She quickly changed the subject and Jimin frowned.

"I'm here, I can see the courtyard at ten feet."

"Then I'll see you later. Text me when you get home. And be careful not to fall asleep tonight too. Your boss won't forgive you for that."

Before he could talk back to her, she hung up the phone laughing and Jimin bit his tongue in a pout.

He walked breathlessly towards the entrance after straightening his jacket and putting on his best smile. He didn't want anyone to see him sulking at work. Especially Taehyung. After yesterday's embarrassment, Jimin promised he would work harder and that's what he intended to do.¶