Into the Breach...

Start from the beginning

Alex: I agree with Zane. We don't need another crash.

Lloyd: sighs angrily* Ugh, I can't believe I have to babysit my own father. 

He groaned before he rushed after his father who was below deck. And while Lloyd was busy keeping an eye on his father, the rest of the group did stuff to keep them busy. 

Kai: So? Did you pop the question yet?

He asked Jay, as the two were busy sweeping the main deck. 

Jay: No, I'm waiting for the right time.

Kai: There may not be a right time, Jay. You gotta just do it.

He told the blue ninja as Cole popped his head around the corner, confused with what they're talking about. 

Cole: Do what? 

Kai: Jay's gonna ask Nya to be his Yang.

Cole: What?! Seriously?!

He shouted in excitement and surprise as he flipped onto the deck, joining the two. 

Cole: That's great! Why am I always the last person to know these things?

Jay: Shh! Will you keep your voice down, please?

Kai: He's been planning it for weeks.

Cole: Weeks? Haha! You gotta just do it, Jay. It's like ripping off an old bandage. The sooner you get over it, the better.

He said clueless about it as he smiled while Kai and Jay just looked at him in surprise. 

Jay: Um, did you just compare Nya to an old bandage?

He yelled at the earth ninja annoyed with what he said, as Cole just blinked back in realization. 

Kai: Nice. Way to go, Cole.

He added as he put his hand over his eyes as Cole gave him a sheepish smile. 

Kai: Way to take the romance out of it.

Zane: All hands to the bridge.

Kai, Jay, and Cole race for the bridge. Garmadon casually leans on the rail. Kai hands signals to Garmadon that he is watching him. Before Zane could start to explain why he called everyone there, Garmadon loudly cleared his throat as the sound made everyone take up fighting stances in case Garmadon made any sudden movements. 

Garmadon: The Oni entered this realm through a portal or rift between our world and theirs. There are only one or two ways this is possible. And, I'm willing to wager, it would've been through the Realm Crystal. To stop this darkness from spreading, the crystal must be destroyed. 

Zane begins to look up information about the Realm Crystal, typing faster and faster on the computer next to where Alex was standing. 

Zane: The Realm Crystal is currently housed in the new high-security vault, below Borg Tower. 

Nya: That's smack in the middle of Ninjago City!

Kai: Uh, we just escaped from there, remember? It's engulfed in a giant, black cloud of destruction, and now you're asking us to turn around and go back?

Garmadon: I asked nothing. I am telling you that if you wish to stop the darkness, the crystal must be destroyed.

Cole: And I'm telling you, forget it. Just one of those black cloud tentacle things touched my foot for a second, and nearly froze me solid. We wouldn't last a minute inside the darkness.

He said before he shivered remembering the touch of darkness felt like and the image of an Oni. 

Garmadon: That is correct. You are merely human. I, however, am Oni. I can enter the darkness, make my way to the crystal, and destroy it. I will of course, require a weapon.