7 | I Care About You

When I woke up, it took a while for me to remember where I was and when I did, a smile instantly took over my face.

I remembered the gifts that Jack got me, the sing along we had, the sweater Jack gave me that I'm wearing now and the new friend I made.

I cuddled even more into Jack and started playing with his hair admiring the rare sight. No one gets to see him like this. At least I hope not. As I'm playing with hair, I feel him moving. "Hey," he says in a morning voice. That voice was the most sexy thing I've ever heard before. "Hey, I hope I didn't wake you," I say. "No you're good," he tells me.

We lay there cuddling in silence. A comfortable silence though. I had never been more comfortable than I had than in this moment.

——

Jack and I made our way out of his room when we smelt the beautiful smell of breakfast. Ty had made us breakfast. "How do you like your eggs, Zoey?" Ty asked. "I'm not picky," I respond.

Jack leads me over to the couch where we spent last night kissing and cuddling whilst watching Moana. We put on some Shameless in the background as Ty plated up our food.

"So Zoey, not to intrude or anything, but why are you here?" Ty asked me. "Well, I got into a fight with my dad last night after he saw me kissing Jack," I tell him. "I'm really sorry about that," Jack starts before I interrupt him. "It's not your fault. No one told him to say that you were only using me." I tell him. "Did he really say that?" Jack asks me. "Basically," I say.

After that, Jack wasn't the same. He wasn't present in the moment. He was in his mind. That's how he was before his big game but, that was understandable. I have no idea what is going through his brain.

——

"I think I have to go now," I tell Jack. "Are you sure?" He asks me. "Yeah, I've probably worried my parents enough for one day as it is." "Okay, stay safe. Text me." "I will."

When I got into my car, I felt a lot more nervous than I did last night. Every inch closer I get to my house, the more nervous I get.

When I finally do pull up into my driveway I consider backing out and never coming back again. I can't do that. I put all my thoughts aside and walk through the front door.

I see my mom sitting on the couch crying. I hate to think I done that to her. "Mom? Are you alright?" I ask her, regretting what happened last night. "Sweetie, you're okay," she says sniffling, "Please, never do that again." "I'm so sorry," I tell her.

After a while, I go up to my room. Even with what happened yesterday, I still manage to have a smile on my face at the thought of Jack and how great he was yesterday. Speak of the devil, literally, he texted me.

——

jack: hey
jack: did you get home alright?

me: yeah
me: thank you
me: for everything

jack: you're welcome
jack: i wasn't joking when i said you deserve everything

me: thank you

jack: are you coming to my game tonight?

me: do you really think thats a good idea?

jack: i'll handle it
jack: i promise

me: okay then

jack: come to practice at 5?

me: of course

——

Since it was already 2, i decided to take a shower now. Getting in, I had the intent to wash off everything that happened yesterday. Everything that happened in the past week, the past month, the past year.