The Bitter End

It's the last final show for your tour as Greta Van Fleets opener. You've dreaded the day a lot and Danny knows this and he is dreading it too. But You also can't tell if the feelings between is just some fling or something way more than that.

You walk into your last arena of this tour era and just think back on memories and how it started. Danny comes up behind you and hugs you "Last show day huh?," He says as he's holding you tight around the waist. "Yeah I guess so," you sigh " I'm just gonna miss you a lot," You say to him and he does small pecks on your cheek then he pulls away "It's okay baby I'll keep in touch with you," Danny says all sweet and charmingly. He just about makes you melt.

"Well it's easy for you to say we're both on different schedules after this... like you have a tour still and I'll just be working on music at home," You tell him and bring up a fair point as you start to head towards the dressing room. "You're right about that but don't worry it'll be over before you know it," he says with a shrug and a slight grin. "You know you don't want the tour to end...," you can just about read him like a damn book just by the way he looks at you when he says that. "I'm sorry I know... but I'm being honest I've enjoyed this tour a lot and who knows maybe I'll let you fly around Europe with me for a  a bit," Danny shrugs and pats your shoulder. "Maybe this wasn't meant to be forever" He says so nonchalantly... it takes you by surprise about how sudden he said something like that after just saying he'd fly you out to see him and you know it was just a fling but it hurts a little bit.  "That's how you feel?," your expression changes a little bit afterwards... "Well no... I I don't want this to end... but you know we're both busy and I just don't think you and I can do a relationship... but it was fun hanging out with you," Danny tries to justify himself... "you've said enough already I understood your intentions," you say kind of annoyed then turn your back and walk off and he chases after you... and he grabs your shoulder "Wait... Y/N I didn't mean it to sound that way... listen I just... fuck.. ok well I didn't think it'd last between us cause I new your opening tour wouldn't last long and I can tell you're serious about music... and not serious about finding someone...I just don't want to bring you down," Danny says and he sounds disappointed in himself but he wants to do what's  right for you...

"So this is your goodbye?" You ask him and sigh... "It's goodbye for now.. I won't guarantee forever... but I can make it up to you," He says and leans forward to try and kiss you one last time but you pull away.. "I understand.. but this not a good way to go about doing what's 'right' for others... to be quite honest sex doesn't fix things and you shouldn't try to say goodbye like this if you're trying to let me go" you walk away and give him that cold shoulder and his band mates look at him like 'damn you fucked up' but they don't say anything they just keep things professional in the business.

"Shit...," Danny says under his breath and then Sam comes up to him and pats his back... "She's fine. What happened you acted so in love and now you're just letting her walk off?" Sam asks Danny... "No I'm not letting her walk off...," He sighs and folds his arms... "I just told her goodbye for now..," He adds...

"Daniel... you're my best friend but I'm not stupid and the way I saw her go about walking away from you wasn't skipping and giggling... she looked pissed and she sounded pissed," Sam says and he's just stating the obvious.. "I don't know what to do.. I'm just trying to get ready for the show... I just told her we might not work out cause of how busy we both are..," Daniel mentions and he sighs... "You tried to kiss her afterwards," Sam calls him out. "Why would you let her go if you still have feelings? The way you phrased that sounded like a break up... shit I'd be pissed too if I was her... you're leading her on," Sam says to him. "I'm not leading her on I was just trying to tell her it things wouldn't work out,  I didn't really wanna relationship, goodbye for now, and then kiss her as a way of saying goodbye," Danny says in almost denial and obliviousness... there's a dead silence and Sam shakes his head "That's what leading on is! You build up her feelings by kissing her and hugging on her then act like a complete dumb ass by saying good bye but you're still trying to get under her clothes somehow?," Sam says and Danny's eyes widen.. "Is that really what I'm doing?" He has almost a self reflection moment. "Well I thought it was clear this stuff was more of a fling sort of thing..," Danny says and he does feel bad. "Well you didn't state that from how you talked about flying her out to Europe or something...," Sam states and now Danny really knows he's messed up.

When you perform for there opening act... you can see him watching you from the side but you barely make eye contact with him like you usually do. The rest of the show you look at him while he's drumming and he doesn't seem like his usual rockstar self. He seems like he's in the zone but not really having all the fun in the world... maybe you're the reason to blame but how could he just say goodbye like that... maybe it's a good thing this ended...