C H A P T E R S E V E N

"but you're a tortoise, they've got bad hair"

---

"KIRA'S DEAD?" Y/N REPEATED SCOTT'S statement as a question. He nodded, still staring at his phone.

"Kira and Hayden."

"Hayden?" Liam jumped up off the couch. "Like my girlfriend Hayden?"

"'Two teenage girls found dead at Beacon Hills High School.'" Scott read off his phone. Liam ran over to read over his shoulder.

"Kira Yukimura and Hayden Romero." Liam mumbled. "Holy shit."

"Okay, party's over." Stiles took it upon himself to usher the other guests out of the house. "Get out. Out, now."

In just a minute or so all that was left was the main group and Theo.

Scott was tearing up, Liam was hyperventilating, and Stiles watched Y/N as she sat frozen in place, staring at the ground. Both Mason and Theo sat off to the side while Isaac paced around the room.

"What the hell?" Isaac was mumbling. "Jesus, fuck."

"Y/N?" Stiles spoke quietly, putting a hand on her arm. She looked up very slightly and met his eyes. "Hey. You good?"

"What the fuck is going on in this town and why is it just our friends?" Isaac asked, somewhat rhetorically.

"I don't know, Isaac!" Liam shot back, just as freaked out.

"Where the fuck did Malia go?" Isaac asked, looking around the room.

Y/N's eyes widened, and she looked around the room frantically. Stiles stared over at Isaac.

"Isaac, shut up, you're freaking her out more!"

"Well, I'm also fucking freaking out!"

"I think everyone's fucking freaking out!" Liam exclaimed.

"Here, come on, Y/N." Stiles took her hand and led her out of the room.

"Where the hell are you going?" Mason asked.

"Taking her somewhere quieter." Stiles answered and took her up to Scott's bedroom, sitting her on his bed.

"Malia's probably dead." Y/N murmured. "Kira's dead, Lydia's dead, Hayden's dead, my mom and my sister... Everyone's dead."

"Hey," Stiles cupped the sides of her face. "I'm still here, babe. Scott, Isaac, Liam, we're all still here."

"But Malia was here." Y/N whispered. "Which means... The killer... The killer's here too."

"Not necessarily. Maybe Malia just went home?"

"Without telling anyone?" Y/N fell back on Scott's bed. "Fuck, she's dead and we're next."

"No, Y/N, we're gonna be okay." Stiles assured her, lying down on his side next to her. "Nothing bad's gonna happen, okay?"

It was like he spoke too soon, because then the bedroom door swung open and Ghostface came running into the room, knife in hand.

The couple both jumped up to their feet and started running, just dodging the killer as they made it out the bedroom door.