Alternate Ending - If Gwen Joined Luffy

Začít od začátku

I looked up at the wanted posters on my walls. Myself, Brook, and Captain Yorki.

Gwen: "Help me... what should I do?"

Crocus: "Hesitating?"

I turned to see Crocus in my doorway, giving me a gentle smile.

Gwen: "It's just been so long... and I've considered myself a Rumbar all this time... How can I just throw all that away?"

Crocus: "You're not throwing anything away, Gwen. Just because you're joining a new crew, doesn't mean you have to forget your old one. They'll always be a part of you."

I wrapped my arms around myself with a shudder.

Gwen: "... I'm afraid... I don't think I'm ready."

He walked in and offered me a hand to help me stand.

Crocus: "You've been more than ready to travel for a long time now... You're strong, brave, and plenty capable. I should apologize for keeping you here too long."

Gwen: "Don't be stupid. I wanted to stay, I needed to... It was my duty."

Crocus: "Don't you worry. I'll continue to take care of your brother while you're gone."

Gwen: "..."

Crocus: "You are going with them? Aren't you?"

Gwen: "...... I think so..."

He smiled and turned to leave.

Gwen: "Crocus..."

Crocus: "Yeah?"

I rushed to wrap my arms around him.

Gwen: "Thank you... I don't say it enough, but I mean it! Thank you for everything! I love you, old geezer..."

He returned my hug, stroking my hair.

Crocus: "Heh... I love you too, reckless brat. And don't worry about us here. You just go out there and have the adventure of a lifetime. I did, now it's your turn."

Gwen: "M-Mhmm."

Crocus: "That's my girl."

He left me alone, and I made the final decision as I gathered my most precious possessions.

Gwen: "I can't believe I'm doing this... ~~I see before me a new horizon! I wanna know, can you show me? I wanna know about these strangers like me. Tell me more, please show me. Something's familiar about these strangers like me... Take me with you to see the world... Where there's beauty beyond my dreams... I want to feel the things you feel...out there, with you...Take a step... There's a world I need to know...~~ "

I slowly and hesitantly walked towards the door, until I stumbled forward like something pushed on my back, but I turned around and I was alone. Or was I?

Gwen: '... Captain Yorki...?'

Silence. I smiled and shook my head, pulling an armband over my tattoo. I may be a Straw Hat now, but I have no intention of forgetting the crew who saved my life.

Gwen: "I'll do everything I can to find what happened to you all... I promise."

I walked out of the lighthouse, and everyone was waiting for me. The crew smiled as they noticed the bag I had over my shoulder. I walked over to Luffy, my knees shaking a little, but I kept going.