Chapter 5: Part 2: Fishing

Start from the beginning

Yeah, it does- it scares her incredibly how fast things were moving- letting Rafe in at an incredible rate.

Her heart beats in a questioning way as if to ask her if she were handling this... if she was doing the right thing... making the right steps?... Everything she was doing... including- snapping her focus back to what she was doing- right now- fishing...

Ki purses back a smile, and groans, putting up a veneer to shield her emotions. "Rafe- this is stupid- I don't know why I'd agreed to this... I mean...I don't even like fishing." she drawls as she complains to him- knowing well that was not really what was happening in her mind. She turns a little to catch his gaze on her, and she watches him with a soft frown- detaching herself from how she were actually feeling as she gazes into his blue eyes.

"You said you wanted to get your mind off things, right? Off JJ or whatever... this could help." his jaw sets, eyes following hers determined that she should try.

"I do... -a-and that's kind of not fair you mentioning JJ- bringing him into this." she groans, actually pissed by him saying that. "But this... this is not going to help either way and-"

He pulls a little on the rod- cutting her off, ignoring her, guiding the rod to her waist level. "Trust me- you'll forget how stupid this all is when you catch something- alright? Fuck- now just focus?"

She rolls her eyes- tempted to snap back- but decides it's not worth it... she turns her gaze back around. She missed her music- her weed- her surfing days- her time with her friends- the luxury of all the food she'd loved at home... all the things that would take her mind to a different place when it felt she needed it- when her mind felt heavy or clouded.

"Ok. Now you need to grasp the reel like this- above the rod." he says, his hands bring hers up with his to where he wanted- his thumb pressing lightly over hers- sending her skin tingling a little again- her heart pumping deeply... something about when Rafe touches her was different. His warm hands cover her hands- and she hopes he doesn't notice her cheeks stain red- they'd done too much to feel like any kind of skin contact meant nothing. He helps her keep her hold to the fishing rod, sensing her grip loosening. His mouth comes close to her face as he leans in- and Ki tries to pretend how that had not been purposeful... she kind of knew that he knew he was making it increasingly hard for her to concentrate... she could literally sense the satisfied smile- or smirk- that spread across his face... maybe he'd caught her blush.

"You need to press this... a-and hold your thumb down so it won't unwind, ok- pull back." he directs- helps her pull back the rod toward and over her shoulder, then bring it forward with a swift movement and let the lure hit the water. "Now." he says, his voice deep, his breath ghosting against her skin- "you reel once and that'll make sure it won't reverse... there you go... you got it."

He waits a little while before letting go of her hand, his eyes flickering over her face- reading her expression before taking a step back.

His hands come down to his sides, then wipes a hand to his nose as he sniffs.

Ki suddenly snorts.

"Oh... I can really feel all my problems fading away- you were so right." she jeers, the sarcasm clear in her tone. "How long do I have to hold onto this stick for?" she questions dully, appearing unimpressed.
Rafe smirks, bringing his hands up to rest at his hips. He walks over toward the side of the boat and lowers himself down, brings his legs over to hang over the side. His eyes come up to her mockingly.

"When you feel a pull... just try not to let yourself get pulled off the side of the yacht, ok?" he smirks, sliding his hands into his pockets looking out at the water then. "You never been fishing before- really?" his gaze returns to her, brows wrinkled with curiosity. "We live in the most perfect place to go fishing... and you never been." he scoffs, with disbelief.