Chapter Three - Full Speed Ahead

Start from the beginning

As much as she liked her adoptive parents now and had truly grown to love them, she was glad to leave behind this life that was rarely kind to her, even if it meant returning to one that had done horrific things to her, yet made her more complete than anything in the muggle world. "I'll do my best and write to you. Love you!" she said, hugging her adoptive parents. "Shall we?" asked Professor Fig, holding out his hand to her, which she took, and with a really sickening feeling, they aperated to the place where they would leave, in an alley in the middle of London.
She could not describe the feeling during that time. Like being sucked into a tiny hole and then again it wasn't. As if everything was spinning and then again it wasn't. Anyway, when they arrived, Hazel sank to her knees and put a hand over her mouth. Fig stood behind her and ran his hand over her back. Hazel had to take a few deep breaths before she could sit up. "The first time is never very enjoyable, is it?" commented Fig on her brief weakness. Hazel left this uncommented and leaned against the waiting carriage, which was already loaded with her belongings, looking for support. However, she saw no horses, only what appeared to be floating bridles, so she assumed that these must be magical creatures of some kind. Pleased, she saw Star cheerfully nibbling his carrot and then she straightened up, into a normal stance. "Good, good. Do you have your wand?" asked Professor Fig, and Hazel raised it. "I'm still fascinated by how well you've been able to adjust to a second-hand wand. You'll be much stronger with your own, I can assure you. Too bad we didn't have more time to do magic," he said, almost a little sadly. Apparently he had enjoyed the time as much as Hazel had inside. "Thank you, Professor, for all your help before school started," Hazel replied, honestly grateful. Hazel was putting the wand in the inside pocket of her blazer when a man appeared out of nowhere. He had brown hair, was a little corpulent, and wore a brown suit and round glasses.He had his back turned to them, seemingly somewhat disoriented. He looked around, caught sight of Fig, and said with a laugh, "Eleazar!"

"George! Glad you found your way here, despite the rather cryptic description of this place!" Fig said, highly amused. Hazel could see the friendship that bound them both. George came closer during the conversation and friendlily shook Fig's hand. "I have reached places less well described" said George laughing. Then his expression became embarrassed, even honestly sheepish. "Well.. it could be that the audience at the theater in the West End might have been quite frightened" he chuckled. Fig laughed too, and Hazel couldn't help but giggle shortly. That George seemed very sympathetic to her. "Oh, it's been so long since we last saw each other! When your owl arrived..." "Not here Eleazar" George said kindly but firmly, pointing to the carriage. Fig turned right in, knowing there were always listening ears on the ground. "Of course. We'll have plenty of time to talk on our journey. We have an initiating ceremony and a feast awaiting us!" he said. "Perfect. As long as that young lady here doesn't mind" George replied, pointing at Hazel. "Not at all, sir." she said smiling politely and shortly bowed her head respectfully. When Fig pointed to the carriage, and the door opened of its own, Hazel got in and sat down, her back facing the direction of the ride. The professor sat down beside her, and George took a seat across from them. "It's been ages since I've been to the castle. I'm looking forward to seeing the old stone pile again" George said. The smile never seemed to leave him, as it did with Fig. These two men had a similar energy about them, Hazel noted. But she also saw the worry on his face. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

A little bumpily the carriage started and as it rose into the air, Hazel almost lost her balance sitting there, from the jolt with which everything was pulled up.
Smoking chimneys passed the carriage windows and Hazel caught a glimpse of Big Ben, the giant bell clock tower of London. The weather, as usual in London, was rather foggy and somewhat gloomy. Hazel saw sporadic lights shimmering in the windows below them and enjoyed this incredible view, of yet so cheerless London, which was quickly swallowed up by the low-hanging gray clouds.