𝟒𝟏. 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨?

Start from the beginning

"relax." gavin said.

"how the hell am i supposed to relax right now."

"you've gotta be patient. once she's ready to talk, she'll talk to you. you said what you had to say."

"i need to know she's okay."

"you can't control that right now. you made your point."

he did in fact make a point, not exactly the point he wanted to make, but definitely a point.

"i know." trea said.

"you struck out 3 times tonight already."

"yeah that's just about how i feel with ness right now." he rolled his eyes.

"i'm sure she's thrilled."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

trea was probably the most tired he'll ever be. he had been so genuinely drained to think about his shitty game.

as trea brushed his teeth in the bathroom, he heard gavin in the other room on the phone with camila. which pissed him off more than it should've.

he stared at his phone that sat beside the sink. he opened his messages with vanessa, the last from her reading; "okay, i'll see you soon ❤️ love you forevs 💋😙"

he loved the way she texted, he could always tell exactly what she meant with each text.

he typed the simple word of "goodnight" into his phone.

"trea!" gavin shouted from the other room. he spit the toothpaste out of his mouth and put his phone back down, sending nothing.

"what?" he groaned heading back into the main room of their hotel.

"what are you doing tomorrow?"

"oh i don't know, nothing probably."

"wanna go get coffee with will?"

"sure." it wasn't like he was doing anything with vanessa. he changed into a pair of shorts and took off his jersey.

his eyes quite literally could not stay open for any longer. he crashed into the bed and immediately fell asleep.

he left his phone on the sink with his messages still open. the message still unsent.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"san digo is so cool." gavin said with a smile beaming on his face, walking across the streets of the city.

"i'm sorry, what did you just call it?" will stopped him.

"san digo?"

"gavin it's san diego." trea interrupted.

"that's what i said, san digo."

"no, you're saying san digo, it's san diego." will told him.

"what's the difference?" gavin genuinely asked.

"it's pronounced san di eh go. not san di go." trea said.

"that's how i've always said it."

"well you've been saying it wrong." will said as he opened the door to the coffee shop they would always go to when in san diego.

"i'm sorry. you can blame my mother for never correcting me."

"i feel like it's not your moms fault, gavin." will continued.

"stick to baseball, gav." trea added.

"damn okay. i was gonna pay for you guys but nevermind." gavin frowned and crossed his arms as the group got in line.

"i think we get paid enough to buy a coffee or two." trea said.

"god forbid i try to be nice."

"we're just teasing you gav." will punched his arm.

"oh whatever." gavin rolled his eyes.

the group ordered their food and drinks and sat at the same table they'd always sit at.

trea felt like he could resite every word vanessa had ever said sitting at that table. she'd always sit across from him and curl up in the booth. she'd insist on sitting in the booth because the chairs  "hurt her back". the lighting in the café highlighted her eyes perfectly, and made her blonde hair look even blonder.

he was spiraling, again. he had forgotten who he'd been with.

"trea!" the shortstop blinked and went back to reality.

"i think you're stuff is ready." gavin pointed over towards the counter. he stood up and walked to grab it.

"is he okay?" will whispered to gavin.

"absolutely not."

"what happened?" he asked.

"it's a long story."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

instagram !

tvturner has added to their story

story replies:

mookiebetts: emoji???

will.smith: i wish they had one of these around us

therealgavinlux: one fight w the girl and he's already throwing emojis around.