Part 22: Panic room

You made it to the top of the building, right in front on Gale's door. You see Gale on the floor, not moving. Was she dead? Were you too late? Your knees collapsed to the ground, and you starting sobbing. Ethan finally caught up to you, seeing you cry on the ground. He goes down to your level, getting in front of you and pulling you into his arms. You started to feel yourself having a panic attack, so you pushed Ethan onto his back to escape his hold, and ran back downstairs to outside, and let out a scream. You ran somewhere, anywhere, not too far but not too close. You sat down, and cried your heart out. When was this gonna end?

You heard footsteps and heavy breathing from behind you, making you turn around to see Ethan behind you, out of breath. "Hey hey hey, are you okay?" He grabbed your head and pulled you into his chest. "No I'm not. Ethan, my friends are dying. I could be next, you could be next. This whole this is just a nightmare. I can't handle it." Your voice was shaky, making you clear your throat. "Yes you can y/n. You are one of the strongest people I know." You scoffed at hearing that. "You don't have to lie to me Ethan." You could barely see out of your eyes from how hard you cried. "I'm not lying. It's one of the reasons I love you. You're strong, caring, loving, considerate, smart, and you make everyone in your life better just by existing. Especially me. I don't know what I would be doing if you weren't in my life." He pulled your face up with his hands, making you look at him, whipping away the tears that were sitting on your face.

"Probably fucking Kate." You laughed, trying to make this situation better. "I'm not even going to get back on this." He rolled his eyes. "Woah hold on, does that mean I'm right?" You sat up, straightening your back, which made him get defensive really quick. "No no no, I don't mean it like that, I just-" "I know, I'm just messing with you." He finally laughed a bit, making you smile. You both stared into each other's eyes, the tension between you guys grew and grew as you kept still. Finally, you leaned in, breaking up the space with a kiss. God how you missed kissing him. He did not pull away, instantly giving in desperately to the kiss. You put your fingers in his hair, pulling in closer, which made him put his hands on your waist.

You guys made out for a second until you heard your phone go off. You break the kiss, pulling your phone out while Ethan just admired your face, and how pretty your eyes glowed under the moon light. A sight he could never get tired off. "Tara?" Ethan could hear Tara through the phone. "Y/n! Where did you go? You need to get back now, Gale is alive, she has a weak pulse and the police just got here." You quickly got up before hanging up the phone. "Yeah okay, Ethan and I are on our way back now." You pressed the end button, trying to start walking back, before Ethan grabbed your waist again, making you stop. "Wait y/n. Before we go back, can I ask you something real quick?" "Yeah sure, what is it?" A moment of silence was all that was heard before he spoke. "Can I be your boyfriend again? I love you so much y/n. I don't see myself with anyone else but you. You are the one I want. The one I need. I don't think I can live without you." You stood their in shock from his bold outburst. But you couldn't resist him anymore. He was just to damn cute. "I would love to be your girlfriend again." You gave him another kiss on the lips. "Okay now we gotta go." Ethan couldn't even express how happy he was.

You and Ethan got back to the apartment lobby, and saw Sam, Tara, Chad, and Mindy, all sitting at the couch at the lobby, waiting for you. "Tara-" Danny then ran in the lobby, interrupting you. Ethan then got defensive of you, pulling you to his side that was further away from Danny. "Hey, I got here as fast as I could." Danny was out of breath, either trying to pretend he ran all the way here, or he actually did. You couldn't really tell. "Did you?" Tara basically said as if she read your mind. "I'm scared guys. I really don't want to get hurt again." Mindy's voice was shaky, just like how your's was earlier. "Neither do I." "I don't want you getting hurt again either." "I know." Chad laid his head on Mindy's shoulder, Tara doing the same a moment later, on her other shoulder. "So what do we do now?"