Part 21: Mutual feelings

You, Ethan, Chad, Mindy, and Kirby, were all in a van, as Sam, Tara, and Bailey, were outside of the van in the park. The plan basically was to use Sam and Tara as bait for a phone call, since ghostface usually calls from somewhere near by, to Kirby would track down the phone call, so Bailey can grab him and put him to jail. Fool proof, or so that's what they thought.

You sat next to Ethan, keeping distance and space between you guys. Chad was next to Ethan, Mindy next to you, and Kirby in the front, by a computer. "So we're really doing the phone tracing thing that never works in movies," Kirby signed, already knowing what she is about to hear from Mindy. "It'll be all, 'Keep talking him talking Sam! Two more minutes, I've almost got him' and then he hangs up just before we can get a lock." Mindy sat back, feeling confident about what she just said. "I can trace a call in under 15 seconds." You looked at Mindy, her smug face being whipped away quickly, making you chuckle, taking your eyes off the screen for a second. They didn't know but, you and Ethan were secretly texting, well when he didn't have a hand shoved into a cheeto bag. "Kirby knows what she's doing Min, don't underestimate her." You backed Kirby up knowing damn well what she is capable of. "Thank you y/n."

"Well, you've got them out there as bait." Mindy back at it again. You tuned her out, replying to a message Ethan just sent.

E: "Y/n, you know I still love you right?
You: "Oh do you now? You're feelings for Kate just vanished?"
E: "I never had feelings for Kate. I liked the idea of her, and I was caught up in the moment of us distancing."
You: "Oh so you liked the idea of her and not me?"
E: "Not what I'm trying to say. I just, I don't know, wanted to test the waters with her I guess?" You: "K."
E: "Y/n, I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, but I have always loved you and missed you."
You: "Right. Have fun proving that."
E: "I will. If it means I can have you back."

You just closed your phone, wanting to take a break from all of this. That's when you heard Mindy and Kirby still yapping. "And you think they're safe because it's broad daylight in a public place?" Kirby seemed to tired of this. "Look, I am here okay? And so is Bailey." That made you feel funny. "I trust Kirby, but not Bailey. Just something about him. His eyes. It just feels as if it's nothing but blackness in them." "Yeah, and not to mention, this is exactly how our Uncle Randy died. Broad daylight. Public place. Yanked into a van. Stab, stab, stab. No more Randy." "Yikes Min." Your eyes widened not expecting that. She wasn't lying though. "Huh." Kirby out of words. Ethan then offered Chad some cheetos, who just side eyed him, which made you snicker. He offered you some. You grabbed one after a slight hesitation. "Hey Sam? Stay frosty out there okay?" You looked towards Ethan. "Stay frosty? Who says that?" You said to him quietly, making sure Kirby didn't hear you.

After a minute, Kirby started typing away, meaning Sam must be on the phone with ghostface. You leaned forwards, leaning your elbows onto your knees as you watched Kirby. You didn't even notice your leg was bouncing from pure fear and anxiety, until Ethan put his hand on your thigh, making you jolt back, relaxing at his touch. "They'll be okay. Don't worry." His words tried to reassure you, but you couldn't help the feeling in your gut that something bad is about to happen. Your attention quickly shot back at Kirby from her sudden words after typing. "Yep. Geo-location coming through right now." You ran behind her, looking at where the call was coming from. West side? That was no where near by.

"He's on the upper west side. He's inside an apartment building, halfway across the city." A brief second passed. "How did you know that?" Fuck. "Gale. We need to go now." You said, running out the back of the van to where Sam and Tara were. They were talking to Bailey, while you noticed his police car. You quickly get in and drove in front of them. "Quick. Get in." They froze for a second, realizing that you just took a cop car. "What is she doing?" Bailey trying to render what car you're in. "I'm borrowing your car for a second. Hope you don't mind." You unlocked the doors to let Sam and Tara in. "Hey get out of my car!" Bailey was getting mad. "Sorry, no can do. Strictly business, you understand." "What do you think you're doing? That is an official vehicle!" You rolled up the windows, tired of him yelling at you. You're just taking his car for a second, you were gonna give it back. So dramatic. "Should we use the sirens?" "Sam. Why would I steal a police car and not turn on the sirens?" "Fuck yeah." You turned them on while Bailey slammed on the car door. "Do you even have a license?" "Not yet but I'll manage!" You yelled, driving way.

The apartment was like a whole fucking forty-five minutes away, you drove as quick as you could, lucky being in a cop car, the other cars on the road would turn out of your way. Stealing a police car was by far the most fun and badass thing you've ever done. Hopefully one day you got the chance to do it again, you know just maybe next time while not trying to save a friend from being murdered by a serial killer in a mask. Only one could dream. "How much further are we?" Tara asked, gripping onto your and Sam's seat from behind. "I don't know, traffic is so packed, we can barely get through, even with the cars moving out of our way." You said, honking so people would move quicker, which barely even worked. "Fuck, I'm gonna try to call Gale. Please pick up." Sam dialed Gale's number, only for it to ring all the way to voice mail. "Shit she didn't answer." You all started panicking. "We are almost there. Hang in there Gale."

You rammed the gas pedal, not even caring for all the laws you broke, even in a police car, which gave you immunity to some. Somehow Kirby and everyone else got their before you. You slammed the break onto the floor, sending you guys forwards, almost slamming your head into the steering wheel. You ran out the car, trying to get into the building, but you felt hands wrap around your waist, stopping you. "Ethan what the hell! Let me go!" You turned around to see Ethan, who only tightened his grip on you. "I can't do that y/n. There is a fucking killer in there and I am not going to let you in there." Who did he think he was? "Fine, I won't go in. Can you let go of me now?" He hesitantly let go, as you stood there for a second, waiting for him to relax. "Thank you." You stared at him for a moment before stomping on his foot, making him put his leg up to grab it as you ran inside. "Y/n? What the actual fuck?" He took a second before running after you.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN: This chapter was so fun to write for some reason. Anyways, AMBER IS THE COLOR OF YOUR ENERGYYYY. That song has been stuck in my head all dayyyyyy ugh. It's such a cute song though. This chapter wasn't as long as my recent one's but it's okay. Sorry for posting kind of late, but it was the only time I felt like writing this soooo but hey, at least i posted! I hoped you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed typing it. There are defineitly grammar mistakes and i dont go over and read this to check so just like tell me if you can't understand and I will fix it. 😭😭 I hoped you guys are enjoying the book, i hate that it is ending already, only a little bit more. I am so sad. Hope you guys are having/had a great night/day! ILY <3

also, 50 votes? I think those are good, so THANK YOU!